Classic Space Facelift

All things space. Also things not space.

Classic Space Facelift

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Now that Classic-Space.com is more or less back up and running, how can we get the "Classic Space" look back? I'd love to see some of the banners we used to have come back with the spaceships and logo, and I'd also love to see about getting a news scroll on the front page. I know the site admins are frequently busy, so I'd be more than willing to put the time and effort into getting this done myself. I believe FBTB.net uses phpBB along with WordPress (Wordpress.org), another free software program, and they've got a fantastic looking page. How can we get this going?
Blackicep8ntball

Re: Classic Space Facelift

Postby mdilthey » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:50 am

I've mentioned this to an admin myself, and it seems the tools are there to do it. It's just a matter of, well, doing it :) I have utter confidence in my fearless leaders, but cound me in with Brickicep8ntball- anything I can do to help, say the word.
mdilthey

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:43 pm

I am in complete agreement with this. I really miss the old look. The style right now is just the basic style, nothing at all. It is really quite boring.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Blake » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:49 pm

I'm a geek, I'm used to not having any style. ;)
Blake
Site Admin

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:46 am

Are there any admins/moderators out there?
Blackicep8ntball

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Blackicep8ntball wrote:Are there any admins/moderators out there?

A site needs admins to run, and there turns out there is two admins and two mods here, as a quick look through the member list reveals. I generally get the feeling that their hands are tied with other business, so I don't really expect a facelift anytime soon.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Haha well I know there are mods and admins on the site list - know them by name as it turns out. And yeah they're definitely busy people, running this and other sites. Just hoping to pull one of them away for a minute to see what sort of response they might give. They may be tied up, but they've got willing help from several highly competent members :)
Blackicep8ntball

Postby Stargorger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 am

This may not be possible for a while... if ever... but one thing I'd like to see back is the faction list. On the old site we had the article/page for the list and description of the different Lego Space factions, though most of them were user-generated. If there was a way we could get that page or something similar back up and running that would be great, but what would be even cooler would be to have a way for users to submit new factions. Maybe have some sort of requirements for it, like there have to be at least three users submitting stuff in that faction or whatever, just to weed-out the herd, so to speak.
Anyway, easiest way I can see to do that would be to have a special stickied thread for that, with a link at the top to an open-to-group google doc or google spreadsheet, and the first couple posts could just be faction descriptions. Then folks could add to it once theyve met the reqs or whatever.

What do you guys think?
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Return to Space.