We're back!

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: We're back!

Postby Gataka » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:57 pm

New car smell.
New house reverb.
New brick sheen.
Perfect time to sneak back in.

Space lives on! :space:
Higher, higher, and higher, and higher!
Mocpages/Brickshelf
Gataka

Postby Deep One » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:08 pm

MWUHAHAHA! >:x It's alive!

Glad this site is back. :D
Deep One

Postby 2x8 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:19 pm

Thank you
To all the people who put the work into the old site, and now even more to those who put the time and effort into rebuilding it.
I cannot imagine the time and effort required to do this even if you know what you are doing.
2x8

Postby Deep One » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:23 am

2x8 wrote:Thank you
To all the people who put the work into the old site, and now even more to those who put the time and effort into rebuilding it.
I cannot imagine the time and effort required to do this even if you know what you are doing.

I agree.. loosing a ton loads of good lego stuff topics.. not good. :(
Deep One

Postby salsa » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:47 am

YAY! It's back. Now, if I take pictures tomorrow and upload them, I can get my stuff up before I'm too embarrassed to do so.
salsa

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:19 am

For all those who are wondering about the "Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth Is" Contest, and in response to DavidP's question...

DavidP wrote:... will we ever find out the results of the “put your brick were your mouth is competition ?
Or is it dead and buried with everything from the former site ?

This is the latest news from Dan on Flickr regarding the contest:

Happy Weasel wrote:How about this?

We're trying to recover data from the forum before it was hacked. I'm trying to get the original contest entry thread, so that all the original entries are still visible with the judging. Once that's done, Mark and I can both post our comments on each and every MOC (all comments are read) and announce the winners. The prizes will go out once I have them.

Soo for those who are wondering, sounds like the contest is very alive :-). I'm not a programmer or anything like that, but I'm sure it's a mess sorting out all the old data. Guess we'll hear something once the contest thread is all untangled. I know the judges have a lot on their plate right now, so give them some time; they haven't forgotten about us :) .May the best design win!
Blackicep8ntball

Postby KDog » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:11 am

I'm always curious as to what makes hackers tick. For example, why shut down a Lego fan site?
KDog

Postby Tristan Sjet » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Who knows, might have been a random thing, or a channer that thinks that we are too old to be playing with 'legos'..

Good to have the forums back anyway.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
Tristan Sjet

Postby Bohman » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:11 pm

Most hacker attacks are small bots automatically using flaws in outdated software to perform some action. I suspect that was what happened in this case too. That, or we got hit by the wrath of the train builders ;)
Bohman

Postby SteveR » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:33 pm

Bohman wrote:Most hacker attacks are small bots automatically using flaws in outdated software to perform some action. I suspect that was what happened in this case too.

Winner. We got hit with a botnet that managed to install scripts throughout the site. The malicious scripts had pretty much infested everything and since e107 had been slacking it would have been pointless to bother fixing it.

I have the old database saved so no data is actually lost. I had said I wouldn't resurrect the old data except for a few important things, but I've actually got plans now to put up an archive. more on that later. ;)
SteveR
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Space.