Looking for a Lego Space Classic Logo

All things space. Also things not space.

Looking for a Lego Space Classic Logo

Postby SpaceManiac » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:25 am

Hello,

I'm looking for a Lego Space Classic logo image :space: if possible as vector in order to resize it easily or at least as large raster.
I have already found some images, but there are not all the original logo (the shuttle is different...) or they are too small.

Thanks in advance.
SpaceManiac

Re: Looking for a Lego Space Classic Logo

Postby Blue Star » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:04 pm

In creating this picture and my avatar, I have created a complete set of vector images for creating the Classic Space logo. The vectors are in Scalable Vector Graphics (.svg) format.

They are, admittedly, a work-in-progress. I made the vectors off of a raster image, so there are some inconsistencies such as the spacecraft being slightly asymmetrical and general problems with the swoosh's curve. However, if the image I linked looks good enough to you as-is, the vectors should work for anything. I designed the images to be used in multiple layers. The image set (made of ten images) does not include a circular object for the "planet," only the "swoosh" and inner details. Some of the images are amalgamations of the others. They are:

Rectangle Leftmost: Inner detail to be colored in, leftmost rectangle near the spacecraft.

Rectangle Rightmost: Inner detail to be colored in, rectangle right to the left of the spacecraft.

Spacecraft: Inner detail to be colored in, spacecraft sans trails and rectangular trails.

Spacecraft and Trails: Image with all inner details (Spacecraft, trails, rectangular trails).

Spacecraft and Trails Upper: Image with all inner details sans the small "Trail Inner" image. To be used as a layer above the "planet," while Trail Inner is used in a layer under it.

Trail Inner: Inner detail, small part of the trail.

Trail Outer: Inner detail, the large spaceship trail sans the spacecraft and rectangular trails.

White Swoosh Complete: For quick jobs, the entire "swoosh" to place over the planet.

White Swoosh Lower: Portion of the swoosh to be used as a layer under the planet and under Trail Inner.

White Swoosh Upper: Portion of the swoosh to be used as a layer above the planet and under the upper trails.

If you (or anyone else on the forums, for that matter) wish to test out the vector images, I can save them into a GIMP .xcf or Photoshop Document (.psd), or simply send off the ten images in your preferred manner to test them.
Blue Star on: Flickr MOCpages Brickshelf
Blue Star

Postby Marstrain » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:05 am

If you could post a decent sized jpg, bmp, etc of it, I could fairly easily create a vector image from it.

JOHN
Marstrain

Postby Bohman » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 am

I'm a big fan of Oleth's vector work myself. They seem as accurate as they come:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=205547

Here's his take on the CS logo:
Bohman

Postby SpaceManiac » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:55 am

Hello,

thank you for all the replies.

@ Blue Star: I have already found your work, it is great with nice colors and interesting forms!
As you mentioned, the wings of the Spacecraft are smoother as the original one. There is also a logo with some craters on the moon see set #497.
I will be ready to test the vectors you made.

@ John,
thank you for offer, I will send you an attachment with the scanned picture I made.
PS: I haven't found a way to attach a picture for a post.

@ Bohman
thanks for the link, but also the spacecraft shape is not exactly correct and there are no craters on the moon.

I'm exigent I know --> see the name of my avatar... :p
SpaceManiac

Postby Marstrain » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:19 pm

I think that the link Bohman suggested gives you exactly what you want Right here:

JOHN
Marstrain

Postby spacie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:45 am

I like this one the most.
pic=link
spacie

Postby Blue Star » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:32 am

SpaceManiac wrote:Hello,

thank you for all the replies.

@ Blue Star: I have already found your work, it is great with nice colors and interesting forms!
As you mentioned, the wings of the Spacecraft are smoother as the original one. There is also a logo with some craters on the moon see set #497.
I will be ready to test the vectors you made.

Sorry for the late reply, I've been working the past few days. Send me a message and let me know how you want me to get the files to you.
Blue Star on: Flickr MOCpages Brickshelf
Blue Star

Return to Space.