Marvel + DC + LEGO = SWEET!

All things space. Also things not space.

Marvel + DC + LEGO = SWEET!

Postby scienceseuss » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:03 am

Yep - Lego now has the full Marvel and DC licences. I see some awesome sets/pieces coming our way.
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/07/holy_lego_has_the_marvel_and_dc_licenses.php

What do y'all think about this?

- Jared
scienceseuss

Re: Marvel + DC + LEGO = SWEET!

Postby Ninja_Bait » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:35 am

I've decided not to be impressed until they make a stretchy Plastic Man minifigure.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby scienceseuss » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

Ninja_Bait wrote:I've decided not to be impressed until they make a stretchy Plastic Man minifigure.

I'm guessing you're going to be waiting indefinitely on that one. Anyway, I always though plastic man was more malleable than just stretchy, you know what I mean? Still, the pieces and minfigs that come out of this could be pretty cool.
scienceseuss

Postby thebatman_104 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm not that excited. Another licensed theme we all know what that means. More over priced sets HORAAY! I understand that licensed sets are necessary to keep their original themes running but we have only seen a few new original themes in a long while that were decent (Alien Conquest, Atlantis). The few before have been pretty lame IMO (World Racers, Power Miners). Also the last new licensed line was a flop (Prince of Persia). It had some good pieces but the sets were lacking in detail and were insanely over priced. Indiana Jones was pretty disappointing too I thought. And Star Wars is just getting sad. How many times can they redesign the same set? I think the millennium falcon is on number 4 or 5 and most of the "new" summer sets in SW are redesigns of old ones or another jedi starfighter (all of them have the same basic design). Lego needs to think up some new and improved themes before releasing more licensed sets. Ok, the rant is over.

P.S. Why did they end SPIII?
Visit me at:
Flickr
MOCpages
thebatman_104

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:38 pm

One word:

Meh.

thebatman_104: You forgot about Pirates of the Carribean.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby thebatman_104 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Admiral Netsooj wrote:One word:

Meh.

thebatman_104: You forgot about Pirates of the Carribean.

O yea that one looks pretty disappointing so far too and overpriced the only set worth getting is the ship but it's to darned expensive. They should have brought back lego's pirate theme.
Visit me at:
Flickr
MOCpages
thebatman_104

Postby scienceseuss » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:10 am

wow... tough crowd. I'm just happy LEGO is doing so well, expanding, and reaching the next generation.
scienceseuss

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 am

I agree with sci-seuss. I've wanted this for a while. My dad is a big Batman fan; I might get him the action figure (though, actually that's the last generation.). I personally love Green Lantern and will probably get the minifig. I just think Plastic Man is an underrepresented hero in the world of heroes and having him would be awesome.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:16 am

Well, I'm happy as long as a daredevil minifig is produced. I am love marvel's daredevil.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:07 am

I personally can't wait. After attempting several builds of hero characters, so far my batwoman minfig being the best one I have made.

But I agree with thebatman, they will be overpriced and have the potential to flop.

I a, hopeing for a good thor and capt america.
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Return to Space.