Space... (A general rant about SciFi stuff)

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: Space... (A general rant about SciFi stuff)

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:
MTronHeroKodiak wrote:I love BS

I actually laughed out loud when i read this. :D

oh man I really did typed that. ah well. you all knew what I meant
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Blake » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Technically a fusion tube would fuse anything fusable. Fusion is not the same as combustion/burning. :csmini:

A fusion tube would also be useless for any unkown element, because only elements lighter than iron release energy through fusion.
Blake
Site Admin

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 am

Blake wrote:Technically a fusion tube would fuse anything fusable. Fusion is not the same as combustion/burning. :csmini:

A fusion tube would also be useless for any unkown element, because only elements lighter than iron release energy through fusion.

Ah well you do have a point there, I guess I should have said Fuse not burning, sorry I am a firefighter so everything for me is burning or otherwise, haha.

In order to not mess up anymore, I brought my book out for the game, "..fusion tube. These systems are efficient, well-understood ,and can use almost any liquid or gas as reaction mass. ...based upon the improved understanding of sub-atomic physics.."

Granted this game universe is set in the 62nd century so it is a bit farther away than star trek, even though star trek has warp fields with antimatter and antimatter in the heavy gear universe is far and few inbetween for both weapons and fuel.
Far as real life physics you are correct, though I must admitt I do not remember a lot of my chemistry from highschool or college. :oops:
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Who is the biggest geek here? Not that this is really on topic, but it's close enough

I dunno... But I submit my 100+ SW EU book collection, 3+ copies of SW on DVD and Video, 6 seasons of Stargate (2 SG1, 2 SGA, 2 SGU), all three Stargate movies, parts to all four seasons on the new BSG, about half the Star Trek Movies (And I have a sister who has the rest of them, plus all the seasons to TNG, TOS, and Voyager) and to top it all off, I have LotR, complete with the Hobbit, Silmirillion and Unfinished Tales. And soon to have some Doctor Who.

Oh, and my Lego collection. :D
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Admiral Netsooj wrote:Oh, and my Lego collection. :D
Most Importantly.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby superdave » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:39 am

I am a librarian at a science & tech university; a Lego builder since age 3; I've built and programmed computers; know the basics of welding and karate; am an avid board gamer; have done design and development for both the Star Wars and Star Trek CCGs; own copies of both "Dune" miniseries, all 6 Star Wars movies, Darron Aronofsky's "Pi," and the entire run of the new Battlestar Galactica; use "!" to mean "not" in everyday correspondence; and have a not-insignificant collection of fiction by authors such as Asimov, Neal Stephenson, William Gibson, Heinlein, and Bradbury as well as a number of "Star Wars" novels.

I may not win, but I like to think I'm in the running. There are many types of geeks, but when we overlap (like we Lego nerds here) we can celebrate that culture together!
superdave

Postby _zenn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:24 pm

I've got around 1100 dvd's laying around, which of most are scifi. Some so bad, that they are good... Series not a whole lot, just to some up a few which I watched recently; The Fringe, Star Trek Fan Collective, Battlestar Gallactica, Firefly and some more I guess around 20 boxes or so.

Some viewing reccomendations to those who are interested; Space Above and Beyond, Pandorum, Dante 01, Impostor, Sunshine, Moon, Cargo, Chrysalis. And I must say I was surprised by the movie Priest, though I ain't a big vampire fan. But I like dystopian movies. :)
_zenn

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:53 pm

superdave wrote:I am a librarian at a science & tech university; a Lego builder since age 3; I've built and programmed computers; know the basics of welding and karate; am an avid board gamer; have done design and development for both the Star Wars and Star Trek CCGs; own copies of both "Dune" miniseries, all 6 Star Wars movies, Darron Aronofsky's "Pi," and the entire run of the new Battlestar Galactica; use "!" to mean "not" in everyday correspondence; and have a not-insignificant collection of fiction by authors such as Asimov, Neal Stephenson, William Gibson, Heinlein, and Bradbury as well as a number of "Star Wars" novels.

I may not win, but I like to think I'm in the running. There are many types of geeks, but when we overlap (like we Lego nerds here) we can celebrate that culture together!

Karate and welding? Sweet, I am workin on my brown belt in Shou Shu and I can weld, but my wife is a way better welder than I am since she used to do it for a living.

You have way more videos than I do, but I have a rather large bookcase (say 5 feet tall by 5 feet wide) of nothing but my roleplaying books from star wars, D&D, Heavy Gear, and various others.
Rock on fellow nerds! (i am also a big heavy metal fan)
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby legosammy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 pm

at my house we have 9 computers for LAN parties and i own
age of empires
age of empires the rise of Rome
age of empires II
age of empires II the conquerors expansion
age of mythology
age of mythology the titans expansion
age of empires III
age of empires III the war chiefs
age of empires III the asian dynasties
age of empires online premium greek
age of empires online premium egypt
age of empires online defense of crete booster pack
star wars empire at war
star wars empire at war forces of corruption expansion
star wars empire at war gold pack
universe at war earth assault
home world
home world 2
star craft
star craft brood war
spore
war craft 2
war craft 3
rise of nations
rise of nations thrones and patriots
rise of legends

and i cant forget the biggest Lego collection in town
legosammy

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:27 pm

OK, I think somebody needs to get out.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

PreviousNext

Return to Space.