Other Favorite Themes

All things space. Also things not space.

Other Favorite Themes

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Hello All!

I was just wondering-does anyone here have LEGO interests outside of Space?
Pirates?
Knights?
City/Town?

Tell me what your other favorite theme(s) are, and tell me why.
I do for sure.

I'm a historic themes kind of guy.
Pirates. Castle. Cowboys.

Reasons being
Pirates:
1) Who doesn't love a scallywag?
2) Or a big chunk of brown? Brown is one of those colors that is rarely seen anymore. It works for almost everything -- but rarely Space.
3) The minifigures. So much to work with here. You can use these in Space too, if you're a Space Pirates kind of guy.
4) The possibilities. Pirates faced almost every army, or could have. They fought the Spaniards, the English, and the French. There weren't too many other world powers at the time though.

Castle:
1) Battles, Battles, Battles. I love to battle. Sometimes a Space Fig will end up in a MOC too...
2) Massive amounts of gray. Who here has seen a MOC castle that isn't grey?
3) Detail. You can put so much detail in such a small area. Often times you'll see a huge garden or other great foliage mixed in with the grays.
4) Stories. Every castle MOC tells a unique story. --Don't get me wrong, Space does too-- just not a big adventurous story. (unless Star Wars or Star Trek or Movie-Themed)
5) Horses.

Western
1) I like Western Movies.
2) Revolvers. Lots of 'em.
3) Horses.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Re: Other Favorite Themes

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:51 pm

I actually have a three-way tie for my favorite theme. Castle Pirates, and Space are all awesome in every way.

Castle
I am mostly into figs, but I do actually build castle MOCs on occasion. (And they are usually green or yellow, not grey) I am quite a fan of the Yellow Castle, even though it was way before my time.

Space
I like building spaceships, especially Blacktron II. Actually, I really only build n the official colour schemes. I really have no desire nor any want to build outside of the official themes.

Pirates
I love building sailing ships. I love looking at sailing ships. I would probably tenativly put Pirates as slightly ahead of Castle and Space, with no help coming from here and here. I would say that I am most recocnized for my sailing ship building skills more so then any other building skill of mine.

I do say that I have a soft spot in my heart for almost every theme, most noteablely (In rough rough order of most to least) Town, Time Cruisers, Aquazone, Ninja (Figs mostly) Wild West, and yes, even Bionicle.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:54 pm

Admiral Netsooj wrote:
Pirates
I love building sailing ships. I love looking at sailing ships. I would probably tenativly put Pirates as slightly ahead of Castle and Space, with no help coming from here and here. I would say that I am most recocnized for my sailing ship building skills more so then any other building skill of mine.

Wow, I honestly didnt have a clue!
Those are two pretty amazing ships-the schooner being better in my opinion. I figured you were just a hard-core Blacktron fan!

Pirates actually comes first for me too. Space actually kinda fits in third, behind castle. There's such a better way to go doing castle-there's a story behind every brick, it seems. Pirates and Castle can also kinda fit together too-it's likely to have a pirate find an old outpost or a beatup castle.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:34 am

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:Hello All!

I was just wondering-does anyone here have LEGO interests outside of Space?

[Castle:
2) Massive amounts of gray. Who here has seen a MOC castle that isn't grey?

Um, I would say http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=375-2
hehehe.

But I am mainly a space, castle and fire guy. Considering my job, I have about 33% of all the fire sets out there. I am attempting slowly to get them all.
My first real sets were M:Tron, so I fell in love with space. I have always liked space. Even in Dungeons and Dragons, haha.
Castle just because it had the "combat" element to it.
I have recently bought a bit of town in order to further my brikwar zombie games.
Far as non lego I have a lot of brickarm and brickforge stuff.
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 am

M-Tron is a great way to start a collection.

I highly recommend the new LEGO City Fire stuff (not yet released).

It's more of a forest fire kind of thing, so...

Or maybe that was the new LEGO City Police... Now you've gone and got me all confused!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:34 am

that was the new city fire, it is supposed be forest firefighters, which is awesome as that's my job!!! so I am for sure getting all of those.

I would have liked to started in futuron or some of classic space, but I was way to young at the time. But soon to collect some I hope.
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:40 am

I actually dont have really any classic space. I have 2 classic figs, (red and white) that I got from a trade, but other than that, nothing.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Return to Space.