NoVVember!!

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

NoVVember!!

Postby Borgador » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:01 pm

My first ever Vic Viper.
I really wanted to build one for NoVVember this year, but my bricks are packed away right now...what to do? Use LDD....
LDD updated their rendering software so screen caps are a bit better than they were before.

The Blacktron NoVVember!
I managed to work in basic retracting landing gear, but the cockpit canopy doesn't open...oh well maybe next time.

Comments are welcome. So please, let me know what you think.
Borgador

Re: NoVVember!!

Postby aotus » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:05 pm

The landing gear is a bit too bulky for my taste, but I REALLY like the rest of the model. This is a very good use of mostly basic bricks, slopes, and hinges. I like the canted front pylons, the tail section, and the thick wings made from 2 x 2 x 3 slopes work surprisingly well. Would love to see this in the brick.
aotus

Postby Borgador » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm

Thanks! LDD doesn't allow illegal connections so basic snot techniques are pretty much all you can do. I wasn't totally happy with the landing gear ether, but they do fold up under the body nicely. I would love to build this in real bricks, but I don't have most of the curved slopes and of course that canopy doesn't come in trans-yellow.
Borgador

Postby nitrobenz » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:21 am

Not bad! Too bad your bricks are packed up, I would have liked to see this in bricks too, especially the tail section. I would like to put out that I think the landing gear looks good, it looks like it would visually balance the fins on top. Maybe if you switched the 1x1 flats to cheese wedges it would improve the impression of being winglets in the retracted position.
My Flickr galleries: Space and Mechs
nitrobenz

Return to MOC Announcements