Onyx Iormungand

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Onyx Iormungand

Postby Leo-J » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:17 pm

The Onyx Iormungand is wingless star fighter prototype. It's designed for battle campaign superiority during deep strike, all-out attacks.

It's primary weaponry consists of two 2nd generation GigaFist™ Ion Blasters. Wrapped around each blaster is a Gatling Pulse Laser. While these lasers do not spin like the original Gatling gun, they shoot intense photonic pulses one at a time in a rapid, circular manner. A couple of mini position cannons are attached underneath just for kicks.

It relies on overpowered engines to keep it afloat. The two Solar-Ion thrusters puts unbelievable thrust capable of moving battleships. Sixty nine A.I.'s compute concurrently to keep the tremendous power under control.

Because the ship is heavily guided by A.I's, it only requires one crew. The maiden flight was was piloted by Space Commander Rod Biggerstaff.

More pictures available in MOCpages.
In anything at all, perfection is finally attained not when there is no longer anything to add, but when there is no longer anything to take away. -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Leo-J

Re: Onyx Iormungand

Postby superdave » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:51 am

I /really/ like the 1x4 wheel plates around the guns.
superdave

Re: Onyx Iormungand

Postby TheQ » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:36 am

This MOC really sets the mood right. While I usually don't like totally black and colorless creations, this has enough greebles and surface detailing to keep the building interesting. Perhaps in a bit larger MOC you should add some colors but in this one, the complete blackness is OK.

I really dig all those greebles and interesting piece combinations you have added to this ship. My favorite detail is the very cool looking engine: You made wheel-engine cool-looking!

I am interested to see what's the next step you will take this little theme of yours...
-Q
Palikkatakomo admin, LAML.org webadmin, LEGO Ambassador 09/10
[Flickr] - [Brickshelf]
TheQ

Return to MOC Announcements