Moon Rover (MR-301)

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Moon Rover (MR-301)

Postby samuelhkhon » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:18 am

Hi everyone, I've been viewing this forum every now and then, so decided to sort my LEGO pieces the other day and try to build something.

I started off with something small and simple (so as not to discourage myself, hahah), as I have not played with LEGO in years.

The result is a small moon buggy vehicle.

You can find more pictures on my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shgt/sets/72157625766182882/

Thanks for looking, and hope you've enjoyed it. :)
samuelhkhon

Re: Moon Rover (MR-301)

Postby aotus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:08 am

I like it, it looks like it would fit in nicely with Classic Space. Good playability and use of the grille tiles.

That being said, I'd like to see larger wheels and higher ground clearance for a proper "moon buggy." The low clearance makes it look less like an ATV, and more like a vehicle which needs to travel over a paved road.
aotus

Re: Moon Rover (MR-301)

Postby Bluetron » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 am

You've captured the flavor of classic space, lots of playability there! I agree with the idea of giving this one bigger wheels for the "ATV" look, but as-is this design would be right at home on a classic space base. I could also see a variant of this design being used as a spacecraft maintenance vehicle (kind of like the mini trucks that service X-Wings in Star Wars). Cool design! :)
Bluetron

Return to MOC Announcements