ILPTV

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

ILPTV

Postby pkemp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm

this is my newest fighter/shuttle, the inter-lunar personal transport vehichle. it has two swiveling thrusters for movement and can easily flie between a planet and its moons. a rocket pod is mounted on top for defense. i do not know how to link photos so i will just put a link to it on mocpages. thanks for any comments!

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/246837
Last edited by pkemp on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pkemp

Re: ILPTV

Postby aotus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi pkemp,

Very nice job on the cockpit area! I think I still see some gaps, though. The pictures make it a bit difficult to tell.

I also like the tail section around the rotating thrusters. The middle section, like the cockpit, seems like it still has some gaps in it.

Also, if you care about things like physics (and in a fantasy space setting, it's OK not to care), those rotating thrusters are located too far aft to lift the ship properly. The tail would flip up and forward! Possible remedies: 1) Add a third thruster, right behind the cockpit. Have a look at these images of the Joint Strike Fighter, VTOL version, to get a sense of what I mean. 2) Cut out that entire middle section, bring the two thrusters forward to just behind the cockpit, and add a pit of tail section so that the thrusters are at the center of gravity of your ship.
aotus

Postby pkemp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:33 pm

thanks for the suggestions! i know there are some gaps, but i am not really sure what to do with them.i do need better pictures tough because i currently dont have a camera and its kind of hard to take pictures with an ipod. Anyways its not meant for atmospheric flight under the influence of gravity but thanks for the help, that could make it better. the thruster are only meant to control roll and pitch in space. thanks!
pkemp

Postby Ninja_Bait » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:32 pm

I like it - it reminds me of a worker bee from Star Trek with a Star Wars look. I think its the color scheme. I agree with aotus that some more thrusters might improve it, but I would do smaller maneuvering thrusters instead of big VTOL ones.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Return to MOC Announcements