Khepri Futuristic APC

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Khepri Futuristic APC

Postby Cuahchic » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Not quite what I expected it turn out like, so it's being recycled.

Khepri APC by Cuahchic, on Flickr
Cuahchic

Re: Khepri Futuristic APC

Postby aotus » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:06 am

Well, it is a bit strange, but in a mostly agreeable way. The color blocking is great, and the angles are mostly nice. The only weird part to my eye is the very front, where the hood nearly scrapes against the ground. You managed to avoid that in the back, so maybe a little reworking would be possible in the front, too.

Now, what was that you said about recycling it? Is it going to collect itself? Because, after all, it does look a bit like a garbage truck. ;)
aotus

Postby nitrobenz » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:16 pm

definitely lacking the military vibe that your minifigs are clearly trying to imply. The truck looks more like modern art than a tactical vehicle, maybe if you skipped the big black block around the middle and just did a semi-linear curve from front to back over the top? I don't think the stripe helps its case either, it looks good, just not military, more like a futuristic garbage truck.
My Flickr galleries: Space and Mechs
nitrobenz

Postby Borgador » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:17 pm

When I first saw this I thought that it was a futuristic dump truck too. Then I thought Hellboy. This is a secret assult squad the High-tech futuristic dump truck is their undercover assult vehicle. No one pays attention to the garbage men...that is until the fully armed assult squad jumps out and lays waste to the bad guys.
Borgador

Postby -2x4- » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:08 am

Wow, great work!
-2x4-

Postby Stargorger » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Borgador wrote:When I first saw this I thought that it was a futuristic dump truck too. Then I thought Hellboy. This is a secret assult squad the High-tech futuristic dump truck is their undercover assult vehicle. No one pays attention to the garbage men...that is until the fully armed assult squad jumps out and lays waste to the bad guys.

lol. Exactly.

I also like the mooth lines...I'm impressed by the simplicity and yet interesting look of the curve in the hood. Makes me think a bit of Tron. That same sort of aesthetic.

That said I agree...it's not very militaristic. Military stuff tends to go one of two ways: sharp and 'slicey' or bulky and thuggish. Yours looks too gentle for some reason...Hmmm..maybe adding some sort or high-placed wings or vanes? That would give it a hunched-over threatening look and might help.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Return to MOC Announcements