Aerial Intruder 2.0

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Aerial Intruder 2.0

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Another Remake of a set, but this one not your usual suspect. This time, I remade 6981 Aerial Intruder, the largest official Blacktron II ship.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Space/Ships/Blacktron-Ships/NeoBlacktron2/Aerial-Intruder/aerial_intruder_2_01.jpg'

I am happy with how the engines and dual cockpits turned out, but the main body left something to be desired. Mostly, it was too blocky looking. I am going to have to try better at my next attempt, which I am sure I will do someday.

More pictures here:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=459542

Please tell me what you think!
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Re: Aerial Intruder 2.0

Postby Ninja_Bait » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:26 am

I like the old one better. Yours lacks the hollow wings and bubble cockpits of the old Intruder. Overall, yours is stockier and denser than the original. I think if you put back the bubble cockpits and made the ship wider, it would be much better. I like, however, that you added a more functional interior and I like the new engines.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Capt_Redstorm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:22 am

A good start, but like Ninja said, you gotta have the detachable bubble cockpits. Also, those new engines look like giant missiles. >:x I'd say throw some black into them. There is such a thing as too much white for BTII.
Capt_Redstorm

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I tried to make the bubble cockpits and detachable wings, but every attempt either looked horrible, or looked to much like the original set.

Missles? Perhaps if the going gets tough, they could launch them at the enemy. They do look a bit white, but the rest of the ship is rather black. I guess that means the white wasn't spread out as it could have been.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Return to MOC Announcements