Distinct lack of SHIPS lately......

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Distinct lack of SHIPS lately......

Postby Legodhiction » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:20 pm

So here's one

Upgraded combat version of the Guardian

MOCPAGES
Brickshelf

Hope you like it.

P.S. Have been in my second Dark ages for years now, due to study and work. But the itch in the LEGO finger was too hard to resist for a moment, which resulted in the Paladin. Will probably be going into my third now.

.......But seriously. Where have all the great SHIP builders gone? All into Dark Ages?
Legodhiction

Re: Distinct lack of SHIPS lately......

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:02 pm

A great piece of work! The underside (Something in which I need more practice) is very smoth looking. The landing gear is exellent as well! A great job all around (No pun intended)

Good question.... Where DID they all go? I have built a couple SHIPs (One of which was pretty bad), but yeah, why isn't anyone building SHIPs anymore?
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Borgador » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:09 pm

That is awesome. Nice shaping and the landing gear is great.
As for why there hasn't been many SHIPs? I don't know. I know I've never built one. Maybe after I move and get my bricks sorted. I'm not sure my skills are up to building a ship, either.
Borgador

Postby Ninja_Bait » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:18 am

SHIPs are incredibly hard to do. I have the pieces to build two at once, but I've done it about seven times, and they always come out mediocre. They are very difficult to create. Yours is very nice. I like the colors on this one much more than on the Guardian.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby jeffnf » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:34 am

Nice! I like to see a ship that big that's all done up in SNOT.
jeffnf

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:58 am

Dang, all this talk about ships has made me want to build one now, and with so much stuff on my palte right now, I don't see how I am going to be able to!
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Capt_Redstorm » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:16 am

Very nice shape indeed. Organic. The red section looks like it could be from the surface of a planet, even if that wasn't your intention. I too have given up on old gray on Brick Link. After I built the terrain for my Blacktron Moonbase 2 layout, for Brickworld last year, I have vowed to never EVER order old gray again. Too dang expensive.

As for the SHIP builders, I think a lot of it was just that they got busier with real life, yes, but also, you build enough big MOCs and I'm sure you just get completely burned out. I don't know if I'll ever build a SHIP. I think I've got plenty to learn still about fighters and small ships of other types first.
Capt_Redstorm

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:14 am

I really like the color scheme. Far as distinct lack of SHIPS builders, I am new to SHIPS and I am currently on a project. Of which I hope to post here once it is done. My life is busy as well, taking a toll (mainly financial) on getting mine built.
It is related to M-Tron theme, but isn't an outerspace ship. Would it still qualify for the classic-space forums?
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Return to MOC Announcements