Lime green micro fleet

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Lime green micro fleet

Postby Mainman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:46 pm

It's been ages since I last visited CSF, so I hope things are still swell around here. I've got some new micro spaceyness to show off:

Thanks are in order to Cole Blaq for some excellent suggestions while in WIP status and to Peter Morris for a timely and fitting engine design.

Pictures on Flickr and Brickshelf.
Mainman

Re: Lime green micro fleet

Postby Blake » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:51 pm

I already saw this on flickr, and I really like it, especially the carrier. The ribs are a very nice touch. I think it might be nice to see some markings and/or texture on the floor inside the carrier, and perhaps some greeblies to break up the flat space below the doors. Overall, very nice work.
Blake
Site Admin

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Really like the carrier. It has a rather differnt shape, and still all nice and smooth. The red and grey lines add a nice colour contrast.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Alyosha » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 pm

The lime green reminds me of Wing Commander I and II from so many years ago. I remember when I first played those games and wondered why all the starships were so brightly colored!

I'll echo the love for the ribs. I like the contrast between the angular ribs and the simple curve of the launch tubes. The fighters are also cleverly designed. This sort of Homeworld-similar moc - I'm on a PC game kick today, apparently - makes me wonder what LEGO games would look like if they licensed the brand for a different genre.
Alyosha

Return to MOC Announcements