Some Space Police

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Some Space Police

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:23 am

Since I like blacktron so much, I need to build something for those big ships or large fleets to tear apart. Therefore, I built these.

First off, a ship built in triple, one in each colour scheme of Space Police.
Folder when public

Second, this SP2 ship, utilizing the lid form a Tiny Tubo container.

Folder when public

Third, a pair of SP3 ships that were made simply because I wanted to use those windscreens in that way.

Folder when public

Please tell me what you think
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Re: Some Space Police

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Your work always astonishes me. I like the triple.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby chris_7086 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:03 pm

I love it! However, I don't feel like the first SP3 ship really fits in with their design aesthetic. Nice job anyways!

p.s.-that cockpit is actually an x-pod lid, not a tiny turbo lid. Just FYI
chris_7086

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Thanks for the replies.

chris, I am 100% positive I did not use an X-pod lid. This is an x-pod container, and it doesn't come in trans green, and I took it from this. Turns it it wasn't a tiny turbo set, but rather a Creator set.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby nitrobenz » Fri May 06, 2011 2:26 am

The first one (or three?): good general starfighter design, the thing that really makes it great is the fact that you went to the trouble to make it in all three color schemes. That makes it great!
The second (SP Corvette?): Just using that container lid makes this a standout, well done, however... I say those inward leaning tail fins aren't working here, especially with those turrets on the wings, they look like they're in the way of each other. I'm feeling mixed on how you got around the "flying box" problem in the main fuselage: on the one hand it isn't a square, plus you also avoided the unsightly gaps of most solutions, and it ought to be reasonably sturdy for swooshing. By those points it should by a deadringer for "do it this way" referencing, but because I always develop convoluted and elaborate solutions for this problem when I build things bigger than starfighters I don't like it because it's too simple (read: I'm kicking myself because I didn't think of that).
The third (twins): looks like it would slot into the space police fleet perfectly just above the raid vpr for when the badguys actually have a getaway ship.
My Flickr galleries: Space and Mechs
nitrobenz

Return to MOC Announcements