decent mashup, instantly recognizable, but I've gatta crit a couple things.
Fist, the yellow slopes ahead of the cockpit, I wouldn't have done that (maybe just me). although I like the yellow stripes on the nacelles, the single band on the mid section seems out of place. Perhaps if the red stripe behind had been yellow to tie that stripe in, instead of separating from, the tail stripes.
Second, the N-1 wings: I feel like they're either too thick (lead edge to trail edge) or too short (body to engine) relative to the fuselage (Which looks fine). The N-1 is one of my favorites, so sorry if I'm being hard on you.
Third, not a crit, just an idea: What if you had used reverse mounted TIE Interceptor
Thanks for your thoughts on the MOC. Fair critique, and appreciate the candor. Here are some explanations behind my choices:
- Originally those yellow slopes were black, as was the rest of the cockpit body. Too much black didn't look right, and needed to break-it-up with some color. That's when I put the stripes on the tail, the "nacelles", and the yellow slopes on the cockpit. Unfortunately, those were the only yellow slopes I had on hand, and I did hunt for some to replace the red ones.
- My idea on the wings were that the original N-1 engines were chopped off while flying through some narrow opening (... I didn't explain that in the description, as I didn't want to go crazy with a lengthy back-story). I did intend the wings to be shorter in width due to this, and for the "new engines" to be placed closer to the body, inside the TIE wings. I didn't want it to look like the TIE wings were just tacked onto the outside of existing N-1 engines, I wanted the engines to look reminicent of the N-1 engines, but clearly modified and integrated into something new.
- I absolutely was thinking the same thing about reversed TIE interceptor wings... unfortulately I was a few angled plates short to pull it off. Also thought about the TIE advanced wings too... In the end, I grabed onto the "bee" theme and stuck with the hexagon... another idea I had was to have the TIE wings articulate at and angle (so not perpendicular to the body-wing)