NSC1 - Vintage Personal Vehicle 3023

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

NSC1 - Vintage Personal Vehicle 3023

Postby nuno2500 » Sat May 28, 2011 5:39 am

The NSC1 was the first lunar vehicle for private in the market. Launched in 3023, was built in the FIAT-Space lunar base, in order to facilitate travel and leisure of the colonists. With basic features and very simple maintenance, it is not a real lunar rover as it is geared to move in areas where relief has been flattened. With four electric motors installed in the hubs of four wheels, each one steering, the NSC1 was powered by eight xonium batteries installed under the vehicle, each of which corresponded to a control unit. The heating of the batteries during charging, which led to the production models like this were installed side grills heat dissipation. However, only six of the eight batteries were used to feed the engines, getting two in reserve, being recharged with energy from braking. This was a problem since switching to the backup batteries could only be made to the individual control units, located 4 front and 4 rear, forcing the driver to exit the vehicle to activate the backup batteries. Today is a collector's piece, was criticized for presenting a too retro design, similar to the first vehicles of the 20th century but the FIAT-S never cared too much about it, arguing that the appearance of the car was due to its simplicity. With a range of 500 lunar miles, the NSC1 was a sales success.

Hope you like it.

BS Gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=473896
nuno2500

Re: NSC1 - Vintage Personal Vehicle 3023

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat May 28, 2011 7:43 am

I like the use of steering wheels! They look like they'd be as bouncy as the original rover wheels. I would love to putz around the moon in that.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun May 29, 2011 11:08 pm

Vroom Vroom! Yenyenyen vabapowpow. I love this thing. Can you give me the instructions?
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Elch » Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 am

Cool machine, not FIAT, Lohner-Porsche, this looks like a modern version of the four wheel driven e-car from 1900...I guess, a pedestrian is faster!?

But anyway, the vehicle is a smart build, love it!

Elch
There is only one thing that beats a lot of bricks: "More bricks"
Elch

Postby nuno2500 » Mon May 30, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks for your comments. Well, i have no instructions. Try to follow the pics on BS.

Axels 6L are used to connect the wheels fixed with technic bricks 1x1 SNOT .
nuno2500

Postby Red Baron » Mon May 30, 2011 7:28 pm

"Darnit! Someone installed the keyboard upside down!"

Neat little buggy.
Red Baron

Return to MOC Announcements