Gamma Centauri

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Gamma Centauri

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:51 pm

It's a bit more of an unfinished MOC, but I'd thought I'd show a couple pics of my latest Blacktron ship:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Space/Ships/Blacktron-Ships/Gamma-Centauri/Mark1/gamma_centauri_02_m1.jpg

A few things have already been changed (Like those little wings on the back), but I'd really apreciate some feedback on this ship!

Oh, and it is 120 studs long, making it my 2nd SHIP.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Re: Gamma Centauri

Postby BobaFett2 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:25 pm

That is awesome!
Image Image Image
BobaFett2

Postby pasukaru76 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:30 pm

I like the shaping and those two guns on top of the front part of the ship. The color scheme also leaves nothing to be desired. The guns on the rest of the ship don't really work for me. I would try to make them have the same color scheme as those on the front part.

There's also a bit of a clash of styles when you compare the top of the ship to the sides. The sides are totally smooth and the top shows a lot of studs. I don't think the studs are a problem, they actually look quite nice on the front part of the ship. I'd try to make some studs show on the sides, maybe by snotting on some plates.
pasukaru76

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:53 pm

Thanks for the reply!

Facepalm Giveing the guns the same sort of color scheme has NEVER occured to me before, and it totally makes sense! I'll see what I can do about that.

The studded top/no studded sides is something I have defintily noticed, and have had plenty of thoughts about. My first and formost choice, would simply to get a ton of tiles to tile it all, but being unemployed at current moment, that isn't the easiest choice. Your idea of studding the sides is interesting. I might have to give that a shot. Don't have much int he way of black plates left, but there is some.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby pasukaru76 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:17 pm

I can't really point to a good example right now, but there's some awesome stuff out there where people have created interesting patterns by leaving some studs visible.

Another example would be battle tanks, where the studs can look like some sort of reactive armor.
pasukaru76

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:37 pm

Okay, I have finally gotten around to taking (Posting, rather. The pics have been around for a couple of weeks now.) proper pics of my Blacktron II SHIP. A few changes have been made since the original pictures, though most of them are of the interior, so you won't notice them.

A few stats and interesting facts (To me) about the ship:
-120 studs long from tip to tip, which makes it my largest ship to date (Unless you count sailing ships)
-Built because I had four 4x4 trans neon green dishes (I used them on the engines
-Has my most detailed interior
-Contains my most sophisticated enginges, of which I am quite proud of.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Space/Ships/Blacktron-Ships/Gamma-Centauri/gamma_centauri_003.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Space/Ships/Blacktron-Ships/Gamma-Centauri/gamma_centauri_004.jpg

The entire folder when public, but you can just change the numbers from 002-042 if you like.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=439256

So, any thoughts?

Admiral Netsooj

Return to MOC Announcements