Wipeout Racer

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Wipeout Racer

Postby proudlove » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Was researching for my Wipeout obstacle course and stumbled across a bit of different style Wipeout nostalgia. Wipeout racers ftw!
proudlove

Re: Wipeout Racer

Postby (\/)ad |)og » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I am totally geekin' out on this one. Awesome shaping, awesome coloring, awesome subject material! The nostalgia is a wee bit overwhelming. I fondly remember spending a great many hours toiling away on the insanities of the Wipeout courses.
Thanks for the flashback. :)
(\/)ad |)og

Postby micha » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:07 am

I like Space Racers (and build them myself), and this one definitely looks very sharp!!!
micha

Postby mdilthey » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:19 am

Love it. With the slanted "wings" on the side, the bent cockpit mount is flawless. On a ship this size, I don't think i've seen cleaner lines in a cockpit section.

My only critique is the front vents, they look a little staircased, compared to the rest of the ship. Maybe keep the yellow line consistent, and turn the vents between the outside slants and the center slants into flats? Does that make sense?

You'd have a green slant vent, then a 1x2x(1/3) brick under a tile vent, then two mid slant vents etc.

Again, it's really the only thing I can critique at all! Great work!

p.s. Hell Yes remote controlled car parts
mdilthey

Postby ted @ndes » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:45 pm

I really like the colors and angles of this racer... it's a real thing of beauty. Swoooooosh! :space:
ted @ndes

Return to MOC Announcements