Squidman's "Insect Armada"

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Squidman's "Insect Armada"

Postby ted @ndes » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:05 am

Hey gang. Someone mentioned wanting to see some more MOC's uploaded, so thought I'd stop the lurking and add a few to help repopulate classic-space. (I'm primarilly active on flickr, so I appreciate all of the comments that were given on these already).

This is the "PARASITE" I completed back in April...

.... which in turn got me inspired to build some more ships for an "Insect Armada" last month.

I built the ATTA Drone first, as my original intention was to build a star-fighter in the shape of an ant. After looking at photos of it, I felt the engines were a little plain looking. Rather than reworking them, I took them off and replaced them with the ant legs (yes - deja-vu leg build from the Parasite), along with a few other minor mods, and created the ATTA Clear-Cutter. I prefer the Clear-Cutter, it seems more 'balanced', but thought I'd post both anyway.

This last one I most recently built is "The Shredder"... I basically designed this as a role-reversal of the "Squidman Escape" set.

Enjoy.
ted @ndes

Re: Squidman's "Insect Armada"

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:39 am

Nice! I've seen the others already, but I really like the shredder. Compact, clever design but you gave it lots of shape. Has some humor to it too.
Blackicep8ntball

Postby Hemish » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 pm

Throw some blood splater on Parasite and it could be a Reavers ship from firefly
Hemish

Postby Stargorger » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 am

Definitely! I like the use of the bionicle parts. Makes me wonder if I can find some use for the ones I have lying around. Hmmm... maybe we need to have a 'most interesting use of useless parts' contest!
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby mdilthey » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:02 pm

You truly manage to suspend the thought that this is a building toy, the real sign of a good model. Your form is flawless, and your function is awesome. The parasite is my personal favorite. WELL DONE SIR!
mdilthey

Return to MOC Announcements