"Star Frontiers" Space Armada

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

"Star Frontiers" Space Armada

Postby ted @ndes » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 am

Hey gang. Someone mentioned wanting to see some more MOC's uploaded, so thought I'd stop the lurking and add a few to help repopulate classic-space. (I'm primarilly active on flickr, so I appreciate all of the comments that were given on these already).

This group of ship builds all got started from getting the new collectable spaceman, and wanting to build him a suitable craft. The first craft was my $5 entry below in the "Brick in the Mouth" contest... now that the contest is over, I'll say for the record that after I completed build "A" and I was about to post the images, I said to myself "This doesn't stand a chance without more playability". I then challenged myself to see how many alternative builds I could make from the same 50 pieces, and added the 3 best.

The next in the series is the "Hellcat". It is a bit blocky, and there are few areas I'd change if I had a bigger part selection... speaking of which, the MAIN challenge for me was putting those curved windshields to practical use (same as with the "ant" ship). Overall, I was fairly pleased with the playability in the drop-down cockpit and the drop-down missle bay. I also liked the two back fins.

The most recent build I made is the "Valkyrie". After building Squidman's "Shredder" I wanted to put those silver Bionicle claws to use somehow as wing elements. This is what I came up with. It is more helecopter than spacecraft I guess, but in my mind it was intended for space too... I just didn't have the heart to "mess-up" the mini-fig's hair :csmini:

Thanks.
ted @ndes

Return to MOC Announcements