Gladius

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Gladius

Postby ted @ndes » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 pm

Built this for the "Real World Starfighters" Contest in the Starfighters flickr group. The objective is to build what a starfighter might look like using only technology available today.

For this concept, the main portion of the starfighter would have been built in space, and the cockpit capsules would later attach (and detach to change pilots; tag-team approach to manage prolonged time in space).
ted @ndes

Re: Gladius

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:06 am

...Wow.

Excellent! I admire the detail you put into this. all the light grey greeblies up top are astounding. The use of collectable fig stands is quite good too. You even managed to make a good looking cockpit and a bit of a description on how it would work-A++
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby _zenn » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:03 am

Stunning work! Love the somewhat retro vibe it has, and that cockpit module pure awesome! =D
_zenn

Postby Blake » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:05 am

Really nice work--great color-blocking, perfect balance between greebles and smooth surfaces--and excellent presentation. It really looks like something that could be built in the very near future. Good luck in the contest!
Blake
Site Admin

Postby whitesidewjw » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 am

This is really good and I love the cockpit capsule. It has the look of something from the skylab era. Truly well done.
whitesidewjw

Postby jeffnf » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:23 am

This is one of the best depictions of a current tech spacecraft I've ever seen. That hollow cone shaped piece is perfect for the capsule. What set is that from?
jeffnf

Postby ted @ndes » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:37 pm

Thanks. That cone piece is in a few of the recent Star Wars sets (see Bricklink below).
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=47543&in=S

I got it from the 9490 Droid Escape.

You may also recognize a few other pieces I used from the 9495 Gold Leader Y-Wing.
ted @ndes

Return to MOC Announcements