The Nevermore

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

The Nevermore

Postby bothanrodian » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:49 pm

Hi guys,

Heres my smuggler's ship for the space pirate's group contest on flickr:

And the silly backstory:

The Nevermore is a smuggling ship owned by Ghu'bak Dnab of the Draconi system. Originally a MT-550 medium freighter, the Nevermore has been refitted multiple times. The ship now carries a modified shield generator from a light corvette and a class-1 hyperdrive. However, the ship is unarmed.
The crew is comprised of Ghu'bak Dnab, Elizabeth Chon, the navigator from earth, Dr. Deah, a genius monkey from Ondor II, and F-590, their droid pilot.
Ghu'bak Dnab inherited the Nevermore from his father and refitted the ship over his long career. Originally, Ghu'bak and F-590 were the pilot and navigator of the ship respectively, but Elizabeth was recruited on Honogh and Ghu'bak retired to an overseer position. The latest addition to the crew was Dr. Deah, a cyborg monkey.
The Nevermore primarily smuggles fruits, vegetables, and other foodstuffs, which were bought on the black market to wealthy worlds around the galaxy. The Nevermore also occasionally smuggles rare, cloned sentinent species. In this case, the Nevermore is smuggling endangered Gungans to a vast, illegal game preserve on the planet of Mare Infinitus. Gungan is a delicacy across the galaxy and for this reason they have been hunted into near extinction. Dr. Deah clones the Gungans himself or they are kidnapped by bounty hunters and bought by the crew of the Nevermore, where they are stored in cryo tubes.
Fully equipped with two bunks, a galley, an airlock, and, of course, the purging facilities.

link

Cheers,
Nate
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
bothanrodian

Re: The Nevermore

Postby Alyosha » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:47 pm

There are a lot of things I love about this freighter, but I keep going back and forth about the the cargo container attached to the ship (I realize that's part of the ship's official design). On one hand, it is unique and the shaping is great. On the other, I can't help but wonder if the pilot crashed into a Sandcrawler.

That aside, I love the interior, the cargo, and basically everything about the moc. Bonus points for it being unarmed, too.
Alyosha

Re: The Nevermore

Postby mdilthey » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:44 am

I dig Unarmed lately. Save for two missiles and a "Guard the Door" cannon, my new Freighter is unarmed as well :D
mdilthey

Return to MOC Announcements