Phortion Mille 2

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Phortion Mille 2

Postby Fazoom » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:40 pm

New MOC of mine, hope you enjoy it.

more pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/fazoom/sets/72157624749691009/with/4955496735/

SPACE <><
Admiral Giddens (retired)
Fazoom

Re: Phortion Mille 2

Postby mdilthey » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:43 am

Fantastic work!!!

It's moments like this, seeing a model that is exactly the inspiration I needed, from a builder who had the exact same effect six years ago when I was just starting high school.... It makes me thrilled to be breaking in to the online community this summer :D I think this is SO great!

-I love the way you did the repair bots. Makes me want to integrate my own complex robots into future models, rather than just an astromech droid :D

-I love the shape of the cockpit, it's very industrial, simple, and doesn't break the lines of the rest of the ship.

-The interior is extremely well done! I like the break between the living quarters and the storage area!

-The use of the black, greebled center section offset by smooth white and orange exterior plating works great! It's also not too parts-intensive, which is inspiring in itself. Combining colors like this could get me to my first SHIP :D who knows?

Looking forward to seeing more work from you, man! Thanks for posting this!

-Max
mdilthey

Postby mdilthey » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:54 am

P.S. You and Sandlin were huge lego mentors when I was skipping my dark ages and trying to make this a serious hobby. Do you have his Flickr name so I can catch up?

Also, know anything about what John Palmer is up to these days?

Thanks! I'm not a regular here yet!
mdilthey

Postby proudlove » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:50 am

That is a good looking box! Yaah!
proudlove

Postby jeffnf » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:22 am

This is very nicely executed. I really like the exterior detailing, especially the way the repair bots are stored and deployed. The cockpit is awesome. The reactor cores scream industrial. All the interior detailing is nicely done and seems to flow well.
jeffnf

Return to MOC Announcements