PCS S.M.A.C. Mk-II Multirole Fighter

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

PCS S.M.A.C. Mk-II Multirole Fighter

Postby Fazoom » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Built a new PCS fighter, hope you enjoy:

this is an update on an old ship

Find more pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fazoom/sets/72157624928706834/with/4980451906/ Comments and Criticism appreciated.
Fazoom

Re: PCS S.M.A.C. Mk-II Multirole Fighter

Postby figueifoto » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:17 pm

I've been out for too long...glad I'm back and find this beauty!
Another great Space creation...as always!
Congrats
figueifoto

Postby pasukaru76 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Very nice update!
pasukaru76

Postby TheQ » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:48 am

It's interesting to compare these two versions. The mkI was a "pinnacle of style" back in 2004, being of those ships that really showcase the classic SPACE MOC design. There is much more rugged transitions, bigger details and simply more "blocky" feeling in it than the newer counterpart. Of course, the original is still one heck of a ship but it just really shows how much the hobby has changed in six years.

After history lessons, let's get back to the new ship. I really like the smooth and small plane that you have built, it really looks like it's made for being agile enough to move around bigger ships and powerful enough to destroy the said ships if necessery. I especially like the the small, subtle details like the engine pistons near the front and the "hourclass" look of the engine. Perhaps that "hourclass" look could be more clearer but that might end up ruining the smooth out look of the ship. Somekind of "criminal version" of S.M.A.C could emphasize that "hourclass" look more?

Oh, and it's awesome to see that you have gotten enough time to build MOCs. I look forward for your next projects!
-Q
Palikkatakomo admin, LAML.org webadmin, LEGO Ambassador 09/10
[Flickr] - [Brickshelf]
TheQ

Postby Alyosha » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Very slick, Chris. I'm glad I don't have to choose between the two versions. The MK-I holds up extremely well. I really like the high angle, top-down shot of the MK-II on your Flickr because the fighter has an excellent shape.

I also noticed the sticker on the nose of the MK-II. It is similar to the Star Wars Rebel Alliance crest and to the symbol you used on the Phortion Mille II. Does that design have some particular meaning to you? Is it just that it looks great?
Alyosha

Postby -Vulcan- » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:34 pm

This is hot stuff. The front is ridicuously awesome and curvaceous. Not a fan of the wings. They're too thin and it doesn't match the beefiness of the rest of the ship. I personally love both versions.
-Vulcan-

Postby micha » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:54 am

Yeah! I like both of them, but MK-2 is clearly an inprovement!
micha

Postby Fazoom » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:41 pm

Alyosha wrote:Very slick, Chris. I'm glad I don't have to choose between the two versions. The MK-I holds up extremely well. I really like the high angle, top-down shot of the MK-II on your Flickr because the fighter has an excellent shape.

I also noticed the sticker on the nose of the MK-II. It is similar to the Star Wars Rebel Alliance crest and to the symbol you used on the Phortion Mille II. Does that design have some particular meaning to you? Is it just that it looks great?

It's from the Exoforce line. And it just looks cool.

thanks for all the comments guys.
Fazoom

Postby Alyosha » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:42 pm

Fazoom wrote:It's from the Exoforce line. And it just looks cool.

thanks for all the comments guys.

Ah, I see. Shows what I know - I thought it was a custom sticker! :)
Alyosha

Postby Stargorger » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:07 am

Actually I like the thinness of the wings...it emphasizes the beefy (you're SCREWED!) look of the nose.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Next

Return to MOC Announcements