Wanna Piece of Me Boy?

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Wanna Piece of Me Boy?

Postby Deep One » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:20 am

YES!!! I DID IT! :o

I finally built myself a Terran Marine from StarCraft 2... it's still in beta stage and those small tiny parts are hard to find amongst the big parts but still very fun to find.. I was like "Hell yeah!" when I found something useful in my Lego parts. :D

Okay enough babble:

I'm pretty darn proud of it.. and of course I had to search the net to find different techniques.
Deep One

Re: Wanna Piece of Me Boy?

Postby Deep One » Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:31 pm

Forgot my post my flickr photostream but it's getting late here and I updated my Marine and I can only take good pics when it's day so that means I can post new pics tomorrow.

I also built a vulture.. man is that awesome thing to swoosh around above ground. Currently there are two things I need more Lego parts and skills. Mostly parts.

Guys? why the silence?
Deep One

Postby Borgador » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 pm

[Delurk]
Never played Starcraft, so I don't know how accurate this is.
You have a nice little hard suit there. I think it needs a splash of colour though.
[/Delurk]
Borgador

Postby Deep One » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:19 am

It's okay.. it doesn't need to be THAT accurate anyways to be fun.. the plan was to build a fun little hard suit. thanks! ;)

Hmm.. splash of color? what do you mean exactly? :? Well If it is replacing some parts with some other colors then I guess I can do that sort of (if I have the parts).
Deep One

Postby Stargorger » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Deep One wrote:It's okay.. it doesn't need to be THAT accurate anyways to be fun.. the plan was to build a fun little hard suit. thanks! ;)

Hmm.. splash of color? what do you mean exactly? :? Well If it is replacing some parts with some other colors then I guess I can do that sort of (if I have the parts).

In the game their pauldrons (shoulder pads) change color depending on the player team...you could use colored bricks for those.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby Deep One » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:28 am

hmm. I'm wondering how the hell am I going to do that.. actually that old terran marine here is having a team color already and it's white. Kinda darn crappy compared to my new terran marine I made.. I mean the design I improved it a month ago just haven't posted it yet here.. been lazy as hell.

I'll post my updated terran marine here in a moment.

EDIT: OK here it be..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52145552@N07/

I hope this one's much better. :)
Deep One

Postby Stargorger » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am

Deep One wrote:hmm. I'm wondering how the hell am I going to do that.. actually that old terran marine here is having a team color already and it's white. Kinda darn crappy compared to my new terran marine I made.. I mean the design I improved it a month ago just haven't posted it yet here.. been lazy as hell.

I'll post my updated terran marine here in a moment.

EDIT: OK here it be..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52145552@N07/

I hope this one's much better. :)

Cool! I like the red color a lot better.
One thing I'd suggest for posing: turn the feet out a bit, to make his legs look a bit less static. Otherwise: cool! Now, the real question is whether you can make 20 of those...
Stargorger

Postby Deep One » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:27 am

Thanks! Red does look better doesn't it? and yeah darn.. forgot the legs. And about making 20 of them.. one answer: Not enough minerals. :D :D :D Would be fun though.
Deep One

Postby Stargorger » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:52 am

Deep One wrote:Thanks! Red does look better doesn't it? and yeah darn.. forgot the legs. And about making 20 of them.. one answer: Not enough minerals. :D :D :D Would be fun though.

lol. At least it's not "construct additional supply depots". $)*%&# supply depots!
Stargorger

Postby Deep One » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 am

LOL. :D
Deep One

Return to Spacewerks