Moonbase Space Police Station - SPIII

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Moonbase Space Police Station - SPIII

Postby Space Junkie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:18 am

I have created in LDD a Police Station for my SPIII guys. It is currently only two levels and will have at least a third added on top. The lower level consists of the galley, mess decks, & three staterooms. The staterooms even have Chief Petty Officer spreads on their bunks. The middle level has the brig and the equipment room. The equipment room is going to be better equipped with BrickArms wepaons. It has an O2 tank charging station, radio charging stations, a computer terminal and will possibly have uniform and/or helmet racks. It has airlock type doors so it can remain sealed in the event of an emergency. It doubles as an emergency command center if the main command center (third floor) is compromised. The third floor will have the main command center, the Commanding Officer's Stateroom, and an airlock that leads outside so the prisoners can be transported downstairs. The third floor will also lead to a suspended landing pad that will accomodate the Galactic Enforcer. On the side of the building will be additional prison pods, as well as extra storage to hold the pods that are on the ships. Unfortuantely the price for both the upper and lower level is over $400.00 right now. I will have to build it out of my pieces and only order what is necessary to finish it. Let me know what you think.

Space Junkie

Re: Moonbase Space Police Station - SPIII

Postby dutchmoonbase » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:46 am

One 2 x 4 plate fell off. I like to see this station growing in the future.
Bricks to the moon ...... www.dutchmoonbase.com
dutchmoonbase

Postby Space Junkie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:54 am

The 2x4 plate in the floor that "fell off" is the open hatch leading to the lower level. I used the hinge tool to open the hatch. That hole lines up with the ladder in the wall on the lower level. Thanks for a keen eye.

Stu
Space Junkie

Postby Blackicep8ntball » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:10 am

Looking good. Like the bunks and the airlock particularly. Interesting that LDD doesn't render the black bars through the holes in the wall in that last picture.

Wouldn't mind seeing a little more detail on the outside, something to kinda spice it up rather than just plain white, up and down walls.
Blackicep8ntball

Postby Space Junkie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks, I am working on some greeblies for the outside. Just trying to figure out what to do. The bars don't show through because there are grey bricks with the lines blocking the holes. I am also looking at some other things people have done for some ideas. I needed to start with just the basic box and then work from there. I have some ideas about sloped bricks to give it more of a bunker look with some vertical beams showing on the outside. The jail cells are going to have four bunks each, not just two. And before I do any detail to the outside, I want to get the upper level finished and the landing pad attachment points on the model. From there, everything else is cosmetic coolness that can be added later. For the airlocks, I had to build one complete door and opening out of bricks to make sure the idea would work prior to rendering it in LDD. It works beautifully. I am unsure how it will work if it is connected to another module though. In that case, only the inner airlock door will be reuqired. Thanks for the recommendations.

Stu
Space Junkie

Return to Spacewerks