Brickshelf Find (sort of)

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Brickshelf Find (sort of)

Postby mdilthey » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:19 am

This has little uniformity, which I can sympathize with. I can't help but think he matched the scale of the Ebon hawk flawlessly.... It seems closer than some of the color-matched models people have done (No offense to those builders of course.) I just found this to look pretty outstanding for a limited build, if I were to attempt it with a pretty mid-sized collection I doubt I could get some of his lines just right.

Thoughts?
mdilthey

Re: Brickshelf Find (sort of)

Postby Stargorger » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:04 pm

See since I mainly build with my little brother, who while he has a large collection doesnt have a ton of MATCHING bricks, I've become much more open to the whole 'rainbow warrior' look. It's the difference between A: who you're building for (yourself or others?) and why you're building it (display or functionality, or both?) And of course the pieces you have. Of course, this guy looks like he has enough he probably COULD build something with matching colors... it would just be smaller. But I applaud his ability to get those sapes in there. Sheesh. Wish I could do it that well!
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby ted @ndes » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:44 pm

I agree. It is definitely recognizable as the Ebon Hawk... and frankly, for as much wear and tear as that ship had by the end of KotoR II, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually did look like this with all the patch-jobs.
ted @ndes

Postby mdilthey » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:03 pm

I almost like this more just for the rainbow look. It takes me back. And comparing his scale to the close-as-possible models, this is SO dead-on in my opinion.
mdilthey

Return to Spacewerks