Little Guys... In Space! LEGO Stop-Motion Film

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Little Guys... In Space! LEGO Stop-Motion Film

Postby Paganomation » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 pm

"Little Guys... In Space!" on Kickstarter
Follow on Facebook
Paganomation.com
YouTube
MOCpages
Flickr

We here at Paganomation are developing a new LEGO stop-motion film, entitled "Little Guys... In Space!"

It's a sequel to our 2007 film "Little Guys!", which was created in a similar style -- all characters, sets, backgrounds, and effects built out of LEGO bricks and elements. With the new film, we're aiming to advance the techniques we developed for the first film: create more expressive characters, try out new brick-built practical effects, and generally push the boundaries of LEGO stop-motion as far as possible. We’re also looking to just make a fun, entertaining film that pays tribute to classic sci-fi archetypes and retro TV ads.

You can check out a presentation video about the film on our YouTube channel, as well as a few preliminary photos over on our Flickr page.

Animation is a lot of work, though; and so in order to produce the film, we are humbly asking for your help and support. We've put together a Kickstarter campaign in order to raise funds for the production, and we're offering some neat rewards for our backers, including custom LEGO kits, DVDs, pins, and prints, as well brick-built caricatures of our backers that will be featured in the film. You can find detailed information on all of that over at our Kickstarter page.

Even if you decide not to become a backer, we would also definitely love your support in just helping to spread the word about "Little Guys... In Space!" by inviting others to this Facebook event, or by leaving us a comment over on YouTube, MOCpages, or Paganomation.com. It's exciting to be putting together a new film, and I'm really looking forward to experimenting with all kinds of crazy new LEGO stop-motion tricks and techniques.

A big thank-you to all of you who are already backers, and thanks to everyone else in advance for your support!
Paganomation

Re: Little Guys... In Space! LEGO Stop-Motion Film

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue May 01, 2012 12:11 am

Hello and thanks for joining us here!

I myself am glad to see a quality and fun Brickfilm taking on a spacy theme. It would be an honor to support you, so I will purchase one (or 2, 3, 4 maybe?) of the fine items you offer. Thanks for making the community special. We all appreciate the hard work you do and will love to see what you offer!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Paganomation » Tue May 01, 2012 10:01 am

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:Hello and thanks for joining us here!

Hi Sir Michael,

Thanks for your warm welcome and kind words! I'm a big classic space fan, though posting on message boards has never come naturally to me. :csmini:

But I appreciate your support, and I look forward to delivering something special! First, there's a lot of work to do...
Paganomation

Postby _zenn » Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 pm

I remember that first animation, it was a blast! =D Too bad paypal isn't accepted as a payment option, otherwise I would make a pledge as well. Keep up the good work and the best of luck with this project.
_zenn

Postby Paganomation » Thu May 03, 2012 10:43 pm

_zenn wrote:I remember that first animation, it was a blast! =D Too bad paypal isn't accepted as a payment option, otherwise I would make a pledge as well. Keep up the good work and the best of luck with this project.

Thanks! Yeah, I dunno why you can't use Paypal through Amazon Payments, but here we are. In lieu of that, we'd definitely also appreciate help spreading the word about our project to other AFOLs!
Paganomation

Return to Spacewerks