Shark Attack!

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Shark Attack!

Postby Deep One » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 am

My new sea, air and space ship. It's a reverse engineered and modified human ship (Typhoon Turbo Sub) with alien technology. Now it's Sharkman's best of the best fighter with two sonic oscillators (weapons) and tough shields. It's fast and agile.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52145552@N07/sets/72157624402201517/

Some pics are fuzzy.. I'm not sure what's the deal with my new camera.. I set it to close range for taking those pictures and some came out fuzzy. Weird.

EDIT: Nevermind.. made new pictures today at daylight and pictures came out with good quality this time.
Last edited by Deep One on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep One

Re: Shark Attack!

Postby Starwars4J » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:24 am

Needs deeplinks
Starwars4J

Postby Deep One » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:18 am

Deeplinks?
Deep One

Postby Deep One » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:46 am

Good grief.. my Barracuda is not public yet.. :x ARGH! Damn Brickshelf.
Last edited by Deep One on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deep One

Postby Deep One » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:46 am

Fixed! Enjoy! (Joined with Flickr site) :D I hope you can tell me what to do to improve it. By the way be easy with me I don't have many parts to make it look like a true masterpiece. It's hard getting legos here in Estonia.. there are many sets that I would like to buy but there's almost never enough money besides some of the legos that are on sale in http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/ aren't on sale over here. :(
Deep One

Postby Gataka » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:32 pm

Try doing something with those technic holes up front: they don't fit with all the smooth surfaces. You could possibly alter the sonic screwdr... oscillators to cover them up.

The best improvement I think you could make is injecting more of yourself and making it entirely your own, even for a reverse engineered, alien-tech empowered craft.
Higher, higher, and higher, and higher!
Mocpages/Brickshelf
Gataka

Postby Deep One » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:24 am

Sorry but I don't have the necessary parts to make it my own. I would need more lego atlantis parts to alter that design.. good grief I worked my ass off trying to make it awesome and nobody says that they like it? :x

Gonna update it soon or later if I can. :?
Deep One

Postby Space Junkie » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Dude,

Good job! Its really hard to try and make something fresh so everybody likes it. I used to be way more critical but since my son, who is now 10, has started to build with LEGO, I see myself in him 30 years ago. When I started to build with LEGO, I had one set, a small police truck with shutters and a windhsiled and two door pieces. Those were the pieces that stand out most. The rest of my pieces were red and white and some blue basic bricks, 2x4, 2x2, 2x6 and some 1x2, 1x4, 1x6. I had green brick plates for the base of my constructions. Everything was sqaure or rectangular, but my imagination is what gave everything life. I see the same thing in my son's building. He does not have the 30 years of experience or the attention to detail I have, what he does have is his minds, which I find fascinating. Don't let other people get you down about what you have made. I posted a ship I made a few years back another board. I was proud of this thing. It was fifty studs long, 30 studs wide at the wings. Had gunner stations, an upper loading door(garage type) in the loading area and rear door with a concelaed ramp that could be pulled out and latched in place so the buggy could leave. It had a heads up display for the pilot and even a designated engine room underneath with my own creation of a warp core/power supply. It even had a backup battery, another creation I made. It took months to build this and perfect it. the local LUG liked it. So I posted it to the boards I was a member of and there was not one comment. Not one. Not good job, not it suck, not you could have done this better. Nothing. I was shattered. I have since taken it apart and I may have pics somewhere. I took it so hard that i walked away from LEGO, from building my own stuff, until recently. I downloaded LEGO Digital Designer and have started to make my own Moonbase Project Police Station for Space Police III. I also modified my Deep Freeze Defender into a space police ship. hnaged the color scheme so it matches the colors of SPIII. I build for me. No one else.

My son asked the other day when I finshed putting together a set my wife bought me, "Dad, I don't get it...you put it together, it goes on your shelf and then what?...You don't play with it...why...it needs to be played with! I asked him if he wanted to play with it. His eyes got all big and he took it to his room and incorporated this set into whatever story he had going on with his own LEGO. I like to watch him sometimes, when he doesn't know I am there. As he gets older, I know some of his imagination is going to go away. I cherish everyday with him. Good luck. Don't let anyone get you down!

See you around the boards.

Stu
Space Junkie

Postby Deep One » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:48 pm

WOW! Finally someone who likes my job.. thank you. Did you check my Barracuda topic in MOC Annoucements? I've finished my creation for now. I'm so proud of it.. it's so playable and fun to play with. I agree with you.. I also like to build things for myself that I like. Cheers mate! :D

If you don't mind.. I'd like to have a look at your MOCs.. they sound cool.
Deep One

Postby Space Junkie » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:08 am

Yeah I saw all of the pics. I like that you got the shark to fit. How does the cockpit accomodate the divers now? Do they look short? One of the coll thing about LDD is that you could build your ship digitally because a lot of the parts from Atlantis sets are available, then you could peruse what parts could make it better, add them to it, change the ship around, digitally, then only order the parts you need to modify it. LDD is awesome. Takes a lot of time, more time than actually building, I think anyway. My own stuff is alright. I am waiting on a parts order from Bricklink so I can finish it. I am alright at building. I am certainly no Jon Palmer, but I hold my own. I'll see if some of my stuff is still on Brickshelf and I will link some photos.
Space Junkie

Next

Return to Spacewerks