**Hello**

Introduce yourself here.

**Hello**

Postby adadk » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Greetings from Toronto, Canada. Introducing myself here - name's Adam, and I'm a 36 year old AFOL.
Born in 1975, I grew up in the prime age of Classic Space Lego. My very first sets I can remember was the X-1 Patrol Craft; the All-Terrain Vehicle, which, in my attempts to "drive" it over crater plates, seemed to be not-so "all-terrain"; and various other smaller sets. I was probably one of the few kids that did NOT get the Galaxy Commander from Santa.
The largest I can remember getting though was the Inter-Galactic Command Base.

My brother Matthew is 8½ years younger than me, so when I turned 14 and went off to high school, he sort of inherited my Lego bin. I had always attempted to make sure "his" Lego didn't end up in mine, but after awhile I just gave up. It all got mixed, and I never found the time to go back and rebuild all my sets to reclaim "my" Lego.

Fast-forward to Spring 2011. I got a text from my brother one day that said "brother I just built the biggest spaceship ever. It's way bigger and cooler than anything you ever built!". Now being the "older" brother who felt that his sibling's building skills would have been nothing without me, that text got under my skin. The competition was on. Starting with not a single brick to my name, dozens after dozens of purchases on eBay and Cracklink, I had amassed around 70 pounds of Lego. Mostly black, and some yellow, and inspired by Brian Darrow's Blacktron Intelligence Agency, I started to build my own Blacktron I - themed MOC. I have not yet named by MOC, but I'm leaning towards "Hostage Holding and Interrogation Facility". It's design is based around a monorail system, with Blacktron I themed Space Police I jail pods to hold M-Tron hostages.The whole complex is currently 3x5 baseplates (96x160 studs) and I have not yet measured how high. (big enough says the girlfriend....)
The facility is serviced by 4 Renegades, 2 Invaders, 2 Alienators (currently in transit from Germany),and a Battrax.
The facility is also currently manned by 99 Blacktron minifigs (also most not shown as I haven't placed them all yet)

adadk

Re: **Hello**

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:46 pm

First of all, Welcome to Classic Space! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Secondly, WOW! For your first MOC in many years, it sure is an impressive one. I am going to blog that as soon as I can! Any chance you could link to where you hosted your picture?
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby adadk » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks Admiral. I have a bunch more pictures to upload but I probably won't get the chance to tonight. I'll try my best to put some more up tomorrow after work.
By any chance will you be at Brickfete this weekend in Toronto?
adadk

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:04 pm

Sadly, no. My budget only allows for one Con per year, and i have choosen Brickcon as my Con, mostly because I have been there twice already, and it is the closest to me.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby legosammy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:33 pm

welcome to classic space
adadk wrote:inspired by Brian Darrow's Blacktron Intelligence Agency

cool that same moc inspired me to do a Exploriens space base
legosammy

Postby adadk » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:59 pm

Well I've found some time tonight to put up some more.
Admiral, you just need to right-click and select "Copy Image Location". I host the images with Imageshack.
(http://profile.imageshack.us/user/adadk/)

And the rest of my Blacktron army waiting to be placed. Led by Darth Vader, naturally haha.

Thanks sammy.
My brother is theming his MOC around Futuron and Space Police I, with a smattering of M-Tron and SPII mixed in.
He has more room to play with right now though (96x240 studs). He's always in a constant state of teardown and rebuild, so I don't have any pictures to put up that show his latest builds. The best I Can offer was this, taken last month after a complete teardown and reworking of his monorail.
adadk

Postby Borgador » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:14 pm

Welcome Aboard!
Borgador

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:30 pm

Welcome to CSF! that's one heck of a MOC. Will you be displaying at Brickfete? Sadly I won't be there but I feel that it's worthy (or will be).
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby adadk » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:38 pm

No I won't be displaying at Brickfete. I'm sort of a perfectionist, and personally feel that my MOC is nowhere near ready enough to be displayed (and criticized) publicly. My brother and I have discussed collaberating on a joint build for next year if possible.
adadk

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 pm

Great, i hope to see you there if i can make it.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Next

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com