Hello, I'm SKot K...Classic Spacer.

Introduce yourself here.

Hello, I'm SKot K...Classic Spacer.

Postby SKotK » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi...I'm a life-long LEGO lover born in 1970. LEGO was in my family even before that, as my grandmother had a Samsonite 717 Junior Constructor set from 1961 that my mom & her brothers played with, me and my siblings played with, and all the kids after us played with as well. When grandma gave that set to me back in 2008 it yanked me back into LEGOLAND, where I've been ever since.

My original peak period with LEGO was right around 1980, when the 6000 Idea Book came out. I had different areas of my room for different worlds: Castle was in the corner (with the original 3 Classic Castle sets), Town on a platform that slid under the bed when not in use, and Space up on the dresser, on top of a yellow felt blanket that matched that yellow moon color almost perfectly. Many hours of fun were had visiting all 3 worlds, until eventually I put those sets away in the closet and went on to high school and college. Those sets were passed down to my kid brothers, who were not quite as careful with them as I had been.

Now that I've been back, I find that my heart is definitely in that Classic era of Space, Town & Castle. So of course I had to return to that world and collect and rebuild those old sets I owned...plus ones I always wished I had owned and never did. That's the wonderful thing about being an adult: sometimes you can actually make unfulfilled childhood dreams come true. So while I gravitate between Classic Town, Castle & Space, I think Space excites me the most. And so I came here.

Since I enjoy being a LEGO historian so much, a lot of my focus is on the released sets. But I am slowly getting into creating some of my own ideas, among which is the recreation of Classic Space in micro scale in collaboration with my friend Jason Ruff:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34058631@N04/6800305167/

I was Classic LEGO Coordinator for Bricks Cascade this year, and brought in most of my sets and a few other people's to create this nice CS layout:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34058631@N04/7396816746/

I hope to complete the Micro Classic Space line and do an even bigger Classic Space layout for Bricks Cascade 2013. In the meantime, I have many more sets to track down and build, and some customs to start working on.

I've stopped by the CSF many times over the past few years, but finally signed up today. Hello everyone! :csmini:

--SKot
SKotK

Re: Hello, I'm SKot K...Classic Spacer.

Postby Borgador » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Welcome Aboard! Glad to have another AFOL in my age group.
Borgador

Postby Strange Animal » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 am

How do you do
Strange Animal

Postby tonicodrea » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:06 pm

Good to have a new member! :csmini:
tonicodrea

Location: Stramtura,Maramures,Romania,Europe,Earth,Solar System Milky Way,Universe not so far away...

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com