Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Contests of Skill

Re: Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Postby ezra » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:58 am

The Space Racers Double pack, 170 pieces, weighs in at 232 grams. As you can see this set includes two Race-crafts. Each pilot dons a retro inspired outfit to bring back that old school vibe.

Space Racers by B. Ezra, on Flickr

Ideally, this set is designed for imaginative minds to compete with a racer in each hand.
ezra

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Now that is cool. Well done!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Strange Animal » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:54 am

Hi
Steampunk: set A15C9 La Chaud L'air Montgolfiére
Weight: 230 grams
Minifigs: 3 a pilot and 2 guards.
Input for the $14 set.

Please follow this link for more pictures.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/289418
Strange Animal

Postby Athalus » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 am

Here is my last-minute entry. According to my scale it's around 120 grams, whitch is surprisingly light. I'll let the jury decide what category it fits in, 7.99 seems to little for it.

The mining vehicle features two mining arms with a drill and a hand-rotatable saw, and an opening driver seat.
Please forgive the poor picture quality, my photoshopping skills arn't too great...
Athalus

Postby Strange Animal » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:16 pm

Hello
Steampunk: set DF3J7 La Rouille Seau
Weight:155 grams
1 minifig

Please follow this link for more pictures.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/289505
Strange Animal

Postby Ewok in Disguise » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:29 pm

Is the deadline midnight tonight or midnight on October 1st? Which time zone are we talking?
Ewok in Disguise

Postby Grandpappy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:31 pm

Here's my 2nd entry. After the first one, I just had to do another. I had a blast both times.

I present the Extended Range Recon Vehicle play set!

More pics here! http://www.flickr.com/photos/grandpappy/sets/72157627790685100/

This is a much larger entry than my previous one, and I'm making it in just under the wire. Between my wife's surgery and work, I was just able to make it!

It weighs in at about 950 grams, so I think it'll be in the largest category. By my estimate, given the part count and weight, this would run about $90.

Play features! What set this big wouldn't have play features?!?

The Tarantula (the green and black walker) features two Lego blasters and rubberized feet!

The ERRV itself features a revolving camera and force field generator at the top rear of the vehicle. Open the doors, then pull on the level at the top and the Robo Cycle launches from its hidden bay! A removable observation pod sits behind the dual cockpit, and can be removed and place in strategic locations. Drop down the front bumper, and release the wheeled observation drone from its holding area. Lastly, steer the ERRV by turning the observation periscope just behind the driver!

The Robo Cycle transforms from a three wheeled vehicle into a walking robot! It also features two flick-fire missiles.

The last feature of this set is the piece of terrain and bushes that the Tarantula can hide behind in ambush!

It comes with 4 minifigures. The two female ERRV pilots, the Robo Cycle driver, and the Tarantula driver.
Grandpappy

Postby Lego Monster Guy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi everyone - first I want to say that everyone's creations here are INCREDIBLE. I humbly submit my creation:

Art Bell Lego: Frantic Area 51 Caller
Minifigs: Art Bell, The Frantic Area 51 Employee, 2 Men in Black, Steve the Alien
Flickr (More pics - More FUN): http://www.flickr.com/photos/65814598@N08/sets/72157627790678592/
Weight: 691 grams
Price: I'd go with the $60 category because I have 4 minifigures (5 if you include Steve the alien, which I do, he's cute). If the judges feel differently I totally understand! I was dismayed to find my final weight didn't fit perfectly into a category, and I didn't have the heart to remove any of the pieces. I believe they're all necessary for the full play experience!

Inspiration: I love the old Coast to Coast AM show from back when Art Bell hosted. I feel it lends itself to a fun yet creepy alien adventure in the high desert!

Description: From the high desert, in the GREAT American Southwest . . .

A mysterious caller claiming to work at Area 51 calls into Coast to Coast AM - and is suddenly silenced! Were the mysterious Men in Black behind this? Why did Art's radio show drop from the air during this call? Will the alien Steve escape the Men in Black and get home with help from Art? Answer all these questions with Art Bell Lego (Ages 6 and up).

Hear the original call HERE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0
Lego Monster Guy

Postby Ewok in Disguise » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:46 am

A very last minute entry: I present to you Space Aces: Meteor Interceptor Ambush.

Space Aces: Meteor Interceptor Ambush by Ewok in Disguise, on Flickr
The Space Aces Meteor Interceptor patrols the upper atmosphere, ready to take on any Astro Marine enemies it encounters. But will the hot-rod fighter and its Ace pilot escape a daring ambush by an Astro Marine and his flick-firing rocket launcher?

The Meteor features an opening canopy, opening hood with secret compartment, and an Ace pilot with laser pistol, and the Astro Marine comes equipped with a dual rocket launcher and four flick-fire rockets, weapons crate, macrobinoculars, laser blaster, and portable sensor dish. (See the Flickr set for more descriptions, detail shots, and play features: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177764@N ... 199507831/)

At just 92 grams, the set falls far short of the parameters for the $7.99 category. However, the set contains 131 pieces and two minifigures, which I think put it right on the money.
Ewok in Disguise

Postby spacie » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:52 am

sorry for the large picture, I'll replace it with a smaller one once flickr's massage is done, I'll also get some more pics and a video up by then. :?

A dropship for interplanetary scientists to study strange lifeforms, such as this giant caterpillar.

playfunctions:
dropship:
-landing-gear
-ability to pick up the rover
-rotating engines

-caterpillar
-You can "drive" this one around, and when you do, the legs move up and down, it's also flexible

It weighs ±500 g (my scale isn't that accurate)
but I used a lot of small pieces so I guess it would be in the $59.99 category, but I'll let the judges decide that.

[Video 1] [Video 2]

Last edited by spacie on Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
spacie

PreviousNext

Return to Thunderdome