Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Contests of Skill

Re: Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Postby Strange Animal » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:12 am

Hi i don't now if this is valid because it said Oct 1 and that's a bit confusing.

Steampunk: set T18K1 Briquet puis l'air.
weight: 155 grams.
2 minifigs.

Please follow this link for more pictures.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/289572
Strange Animal

Postby Strange Animal » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi

Set: S63l0 Trolls Tantrum.
Weight:360 grams
Minifigs: 3
A shuttle and a artillery battery called trolls Tantrum.

Please follow link for more pictures.
http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/289642

Bye
Strange Animal

Postby Stardusty » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

And here's my 15$ category entry. I've planned much larger one, but had no time to edit all the pictures.
I'm a bit late to the deadline (in CET time zone), so feel free to DQ me. I just didn't want to all my hard work
goes for nothing (is the phrase correct?).

I present to you:

FIX-N9 Starfighter
FIX-N9 starfighter by hrcywindu, on Flickr

230 g (plus 15 g stand)
Figs: 1
Playability: opening cockpit, swooshing

Model is very sturdy, and all the connections are legal. It represents a regular starfighter used by some random army.
I don't have enough time to write a backstory, nor to make a box art. :(

More pictures in next 14 hours on my Flickr.
Stardusty

Postby t cory » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:32 pm

Gorilla MTTC and Barracuda APC by t cory, on Flickr

Titled "Police Ambush." The Barracuda APC features 4 opening hatches and has a driver as well as two officers in the back. The Gorilla Traverse Cycle has moveable front wheel arms and a moveable smoke grenade cannon (the only non-lego piece on either build) and has a police chief minifigure (He has a BrickWarriors snub nose pistol but for a set that could easily be replaced with a standard Lego pistol.)These two tip the scales at 386 grams. Way more photos on flickr. Follow the image link and all the photos can be accessed via links in the description.
Last edited by t cory on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
t cory

Postby t cory » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:55 pm

@S.B.P.D. I love the glider
t cory

Postby Strange Animal » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

t Cory love your police stuff really like the bike thing
Strange Animal

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Stardusty,
I dont think i could have done anything with wings as "complicated looking" as those. Great work, looks like it could be a real set.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Nabii » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:15 am

Okay, Competition is closed - the future police MOC makes it in as I'm sure it wasn't midnight yet somewhere in the Pacific!

I'm going to start going through these tonight. When it's all done it'll be up to the 'Inquisitor General' to announce the winners. There seem to be less entries then last year, so I'll give feedback again. Tiebreaks will be decided by my colleagues in the LEGO Design Studio!

I'll be in touch with those who made it in before the original deadline after the winners are announced to get their addresses and send out mini-figures. Anyone under 18 I'll need your parents to confirm your address and give permission to obtain it from you. (Lie to me about this if you like, there's nothing dodgy about me - The LEGO Group gets us a certificate from the Danish Police to prove it, but I'd rather you were honest as that way my back is fully covered).

Cheers,
Mark.
Nabii

Postby Stardusty » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:Stardusty,
I dont think i could have done anything with wings as "complicated looking" as those. Great work, looks like it could be a real set.

Well, thank you very much!
They are not really complicated, though. Engines and wings are connected via technic pins, axle-pins, axles and axle connectors.
I'm glad you think it could be a real set. I thought most of the people won't forgive me the 2x2 tile placed at an angle (not an illegal
connection, but I don't find angled pieces often in LEGO sets).

Btw. I've added two more pictures to my Flickr account. One of them shows the opening cockpit.
Note: On that picture, I placed minifigure lower in the cockpit so that the helmet doesn't blends
in with the background, but it can be placed in a way that makes it much easier to put it out of the cockpit.

Also: Judges, please don't count in the 15 g stand into my entry. I've edited it out of my pictures, since it didn't look good on them (lack of light
+DBG=a lot of HSV noise on the darker surfaces). And you can't judge the stand without any pictures...
Stardusty

Postby Grandpappy » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:27 pm

Nabii, thanks for hosting this great contest. It's a shame more people didn't enter.

I've gotta say that I learned a great deal when doing this, and I've got more respect than ever for the designers at Lego. It can be damn hard to come up with something cool, playable, and sturdy; all at the same time.

Great job everyone! Some great stuff in here.
Grandpappy

PreviousNext

Return to Thunderdome