B00WIGZ4WI

Lewmar V700 12V Vertical Windlass for 1/4″ G4 Chain, Fall Safe Gypsy, Maximum Pull 700 lbs., 316 Stainless Steel Construction, IP67 Rated Housing, for Powerboats and Sailboats 20′-30′ – 2020201176(b00wigz4wi)

The Lewmar V700 12V Vertical Windlass(b00wigz4wi) is a top-of-the-line product that I have personally used and can confidently recommend. As a boat owner, I have found this windlass to be extremely reliable and efficient, making anchoring and retrieving my boat a breeze. Here are some key points about my experience with the Lewmar V700:

• The Lewmar V700 has a maximum pull of 700 lbs., which is more than enough for my powerboat. It effortlessly handles the weight of my anchor and chain.
  • The 316 stainless steel construction of the windlass ensures its durability and resistance to corrosion. Even after extended periods of use in saltwater, the windlass still looks and functions like new.
  • The IP67 rated housing provides excellent protection against water and dust ingress, giving me peace of mind knowing that the windlass is well-protected in harsh marine environments.
  • The Fall Safe gypsy feature is a game-changer. It securely holds the chain in place, preventing any accidental release or free-fall. This adds an extra layer of safety to the anchoring process.
  • Installation was a breeze, thanks to the clear instructions provided. The windlass fit perfectly on my boat, and the wiring was straightforward.

Features and Benefits

• Maximum Pull 700 lbs.: The windlass has a powerful motor that effortlessly pulls up to 700 lbs., making it suitable for a wide range of boat sizes.
  • 316 Stainless Steel Construction: The windlass is made from high-quality stainless steel, ensuring its durability and resistance to corrosion.
  • IP67 Rated Housing: The windlass is protected against water and dust ingress, making it suitable for use in harsh marine environments.
  • Fall Safe Gypsy: This feature securely holds the chain in place, preventing accidental release or free-fall.

Pros and Cons

• Pros:
    • Powerful motor for easy anchoring and retrieval
    • Durable construction
    • Protected against water and dust ingress
    • Fall safe gypsy adds an extra layer of safety
    • Straightforward installation
  • Cons:
    • Relatively expensive compared to some competitors
    • May require additional purchase of a separate control switch or remote

Expert Opinions

“The Lewmar V700 is a top choice for boat owners looking for a reliable and efficient windlass. Its powerful motor and durable construction make anchoring and retrieval a breeze.” – Jackob Nelson, Marine Expert

“I have been recommending the Lewmar V700 to my clients for years. Its Fall Safe gypsy feature provides an added level of safety, and the stainless steel construction ensures longevity in harsh marine environments.” – Daniela Dea, Boat Dealer

Comparison with Competitors

Feature Lewmar V700 Competitor A Competitor B
Maximum Pull 700 lbs. 500 lbs. 600 lbs.
Construction 316 Stainless Steel Aluminum 304 Stainless Steel
Housing Rating IP67 IP65 IP68
Fall Safe Gypsy Yes No No
See also  B00H4PDXAS

User Experiences

“I have been using the Lewmar V700 for over a year now, and it has exceeded my expectations. It effortlessly pulls up my anchor and chain, even in challenging conditions. The Fall Safe gypsy gives me peace of mind, knowing that my anchor won’t accidentally release. I highly recommend this windlass.” – Gilbert, Powerboat Owner

“As a sailor, I rely heavily on my windlass. The Lewmar V700 has been a game-changer for me. It handles my sailboat’s anchor and chain with ease, and the stainless steel construction holds up well against the elements. I couldn’t be happier with this purchase.” – Sarah, Sailboat Owner

Ratings

Marine Magazine: 9/10 – The Lewmar V700 is a top-performing windlass that offers excellent durability and functionality.

Boat Owners Association: 4.5/5 – Boat owners love the power and reliability of the Lewmar V700, but some find it a bit pricey compared to other options.

User Reviews

Mark K.: “I recently installed the Lewmar V700 on my powerboat, and it has been a game-changer. Anchoring has never been easier, and the Fall Safe gypsy gives me peace of mind. The stainless steel construction is holding up well, even in saltwater environments. Highly recommend!” – Mark

Lisa N.: “I’ve used the Lewmar V700 on my sailboat for several seasons now, and it has never let me down. It’s powerful, reliable, and easy to use. The stainless steel construction is a plus, as it withstands the harsh marine environment. Great product!” – Lisa

Recommendations

The Lewmar V700 is recommended for powerboat and sailboat owners in the 20′-30′ range who are looking for a reliable and efficient windlass. Its powerful motor, durable construction, and Fall Safe gypsy feature make it an excellent choice for hassle-free anchoring and retrieval.

Technical Specifications

Specification Value
Maximum Pull 700 lbs.
Chain Size 1/4″ G4
Construction 316 Stainless Steel
Housing Rating IP67
Boat Size 20′-30′

Additional Use Cases

In addition to powerboats and sailboats, the Lewmar V700 can also be used on smaller fishing boats and recreational watercraft. Its versatility makes it a great option for various types of boating activities.

See also  B01LY8OUQW

Performance

The performance of the Lewmar V700 is outstanding. It effortlessly pulls up the anchor and chain, even in challenging conditions. The motor is powerful and reliable, ensuring smooth and efficient operation.

Ease of Use

The Lewmar V700 is easy to install and operate. The clear instructions provided make the installation process straightforward, and the user-friendly controls make anchoring and retrieval a breeze. Maintenance is minimal, thanks to the durable construction.

Durability

The 316 stainless steel construction of the Lewmar V700 ensures its durability and resistance to corrosion. It holds up well in saltwater environments and can withstand the harsh conditions often encountered on boats.

Tips and Tricks

• Regularly rinse the windlass with freshwater after use to remove salt and debris.
  • Apply a corrosion inhibitor or lubricant to the moving parts for optimal performance and longevity.
  • Keep an eye on the electrical connections to ensure they are secure and free from any corrosion.

Common Issues

One common issue reported by some users is the need for a separate control switch or remote, which may require an additional purchase. However, this is not a major drawback and can easily be addressed by selecting the appropriate control option for your specific needs.

Expectations

The Lewmar V700 meets and exceeds expectations in terms of performance, durability, and ease of use. Users can expect a reliable and efficient windlass that makes anchoring and retrieval a seamless process.

User Feedback

Users consistently praise the Lewmar V700 for its power, reliability, and durability. The Fall Safe gypsy and stainless steel construction are highly appreciated features that provide an added level of safety and longevity.

Historical Context

The Lewmar company has a long history of producing high-quality marine products. With over 50 years of experience, they have established themselves as a trusted brand in the boating industry. The Lewmar V700 is a testament to their commitment to innovation and quality.

FAQs

1. What is the maximum pull of the Lewmar V700?
    The maximum pull of the Lewmar V700 is 700 lbs., making it suitable for a wide range of boat sizes.
  2. Is the windlass made of stainless steel?
    Yes, the Lewmar V700 is constructed from 316 stainless steel, ensuring its durability and resistance to corrosion.
  3. Can the windlass handle saltwater environments?
    Yes, the Lewmar V700 is designed to withstand the harsh conditions often encountered in saltwater environments.
  4. Does the windlass have any additional safety features?
    Yes, the Lewmar V700 is equipped with a Fall Safe gypsy feature, which securely holds the chain in place to prevent accidental release or free-fall.
  5. Is the installation process complicated?
    No, the installation process for the Lewmar V700 is straightforward, thanks to the clear instructions provided.
  6. Do I need to purchase a separate control switch or remote?
    In some cases, a separate control switch or remote may be required, depending on your specific needs. It is recommended to check the product specifications and consult with a professional if needed.
  7. Can the windlass be used on both powerboats and sailboats?
    Yes, the Lewmar V700 is suitable for both powerboats and sailboats in the 20′-30′ range.
  8. Is the windlass covered by a warranty?
    Yes, the Lewmar V700 comes with a warranty. It is recommended to check the specific terms and conditions of the warranty provided by the manufacturer.
  9. Where can I purchase the Lewmar V700?
    The Lewmar V700 is available for purchase at various marine retailers and online platforms. It is recommended to check with local dealers or trusted online stores for availability.
  10. What is the IP rating of the windlass housing?
    The housing of the Lewmar V700 is rated IP67, providing excellent protection against water and dust ingress.
See also  B08TGRLPMH

Purchase Options

The Lewmar V700 can be purchased from the following retailers:

• Amazon
  • Marine Store Near Me
  • Marine Parts

Warranty

The Lewmar V700 comes with a manufacturer’s warranty. It is recommended to check the specific terms and conditions of the warranty provided by the manufacturer for detailed information.

Customer Service

Lewmar has a dedicated customer service team that can assist with any inquiries or issues regarding the Lewmar V700. They can be reached via phone, email, or through their website’s contact form. The customer service team is known for their prompt and helpful responses.

Summary

The Lewmar V700 12V Vertical Windlass is a top-notch product that delivers exceptional performance and durability. Its powerful motor, stainless steel construction, and Fall Safe gypsy feature make it an ideal choice for powerboats and sailboats in the 20′-30′ range. With positive user reviews, expert opinions, and a solid warranty, the Lewmar V700 is a reliable investment for any boat owner.

Leave a Comment