New/Redone Lego Space Factions

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:21 am

I am not too sure about Aquazone. It doesn't seem spacey at all. The Rock Raiders are definitly space (The basic idea around the story is the ship LMS Explorer crashed on some planet, and the Rock Raiders went to go find crystals to fix it up. So definilty space. And since they are space, I would do the Power Miners as well. Exoforce is rather iffy. I would lump it in there, seeing as the have giant futuristic mechas.

I really don't know what to do about "made up" factions. I generally only build in the classic set themes.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Image
User avatar
Admiral Netsooj
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: Canada!

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Stargorger » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:59 am

Good point. Right...I was thinking more about their technology level I guess...and they DO meet the criteria I listed on the other "what is classic space" page for a space faction. But that's fine, Ill leave them off for now.

Well I've done the customer user-created factions like the PCS. I know I have my own that I'd like to put-up at some point, and I know I've found others online at times, so I think it would be good to have some kind of template or requirements for submitting a new faction. An ideas as to what that would require/entail?
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: *currently devouring the Gardens of Kadesh*

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Blake » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:47 am

I'll set up some kind of system for members to submit articles (which include factions). I'll either set up a forum for that purpose, or create a plugin. I haven't decided which yet. For now, we can use the forum.

It's a good idea to have the official factions listed, although I'll probably keep them in separate section. I think the color schemes should indicate a primary color, highlight color(s), translucent color(s), and any exceptions. Anything that is unknown can just be left out.

Everything above applies to user-created factions as well.

I think we should list any user-created faction that has at least a few MOC's. Keep in mind that it may be difficult to locate MOC's from some of the older factions, simply because pages have disappeared. I would suggest keeping all the old factions. The less popular factions can be moved farther down the list.
User avatar
Blake
Site Admin
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:28 am
Location: New York City

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Stargorger » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:49 am

Blake wrote:I'll set up some kind of system for members to submit articles (which include factions). I'll either set up a forum for that purpose, or create a plugin. I haven't decided which yet. For now, we can use the forum.

It's a good idea to have the official factions listed, although I'll probably keep them in separate section. I think the color schemes should indicate a primary color, highlight color(s), translucent color(s), and any exceptions. Anything that is unknown can just be left out.

Everything above applies to user-created factions as well.

I think we should list any user-created faction that has at least a few MOC's. Keep in mind that it may be difficult to locate MOC's from some of the older factions, simply because pages have disappeared. I would suggest keeping all the old factions. The less popular factions can be moved farther down the list.


Yeah that's pretty much what I did.
I agree, although like I said I looked-up the Rastastarians and the sea monkeys and could only find the one MOC listed on the original faction article. Same for Space Hippies, but at least they're easier to build for.
About putting the official factions on a seperate page: sounds like a good idea, although as far as unknown info goes...we'll need to be able to edit the faction page in case somebody comes up with the answers.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: *currently devouring the Gardens of Kadesh*

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby KDog » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:37 pm

I'd argue that Ice Planet is part of the same agency as Classic Space and Futuron, based on their emblem. I think they're just a division that is exploring Krysto.
KDog
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:52 pm

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Stargorger » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:25 pm

KDog wrote:I'd argue that Ice Planet is part of the same agency as Classic Space and Futuron, based on their emblem. I think they're just a division that is exploring Krysto.


Ill check...I might have posted the wrong thing... but isn't that what I implied? Could be wrong...gotta go look at the original.

I'm not going to lump them in to the same faction listing though, because they're too unique and have too strong an individual character. Maybe, Blake, you could have some sort of expandable "faction tree" to connect certain factions together?
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: *currently devouring the Gardens of Kadesh*

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:17 pm

A faction tree would be supremly awesome, not to mention helpful, but with so many different opinions, one would definitly have to mention (Rather prominitly, I think) that these faction trees are not set in stone, and you can do whatever you want. "They are more like guidelines anyways" (Kudos to whoever can place that quote ;) )
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Image
User avatar
Admiral Netsooj
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: Canada!

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Stargorger » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Admiral Netsooj wrote:A faction tree would be supremly awesome, not to mention helpful, but with so many different opinions, one would definitly have to mention (Rather prominitly, I think) that these faction trees are not set in stone, and you can do whatever you want. "They are more like guidelines anyways" (Kudos to whoever can place that quote ;) )


Captain Barbossa/Elizabeth...Turner from POTC.

That would be awesome. Hmmm...maybe in a wikipedia-based form?
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: *currently devouring the Gardens of Kadesh*

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Looks like I am not the only pirate fan here. ;)

A Wikipedea-based form might work.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Image
User avatar
Admiral Netsooj
 
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: Canada!

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Stargorger » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:07 am

Here's another one that I just HAD to add:

The LIU (Lugdonians)
Primary Colors: Light Gray, White, Dark Gray
Highlight Colors: Yellow (rare), Red (rare), White
Details: Blue (windshields), Black (mechanics, windshields)
Style: Blocky, smooth, hulking, angular, thick, unified
Personality: Materialistic, greedy, opportunistic, capitalist, cruel, impassive, clever
Leader: Emperor Lugdonius III
Other Important Figures: Terrance ‘Doog’ McDoogal
Homeworld: Lugdonia
Other worlds: Countless (Pelago, Fovea, Alucinor, Trahaxi, Mercor, Crepus, Scruta, et al)
Mothership:
Description:
The Ludgonian Industrial Union (LIU) is a galaxy wide corporate entity. After realizing that its military might and ruthless campaigns were unprofitable, the LIU reorganized their empire into a industrial machine. Now, the LIU worries about one thing....making money.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:30 pm
Location: *currently devouring the Gardens of Kadesh*

PreviousNext

Return to Space.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests

cron