Gamma Gatria

My Own Creations. Well, your own creations actually. Completed builds only.

Gamma Gatria

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:29 pm

My newest Blacktron II ship, the Gamma Gatria.

Equiped with two rotating double laser turrets, eight fixed forward mounted laser cannons two rotating mini laser cannons, six missles, and two nukes, the Gamma Gatria is not a ship to mess with.

Some close ups:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Space/Ships/Blacktron-Ships/Gamma-Gatria/gamma_gatria_014.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Space/Ships/Blacktron-Ships/Gamma-Gatria/gamma_gatria_020.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/ElephantKnight/Space/Ships/Blacktron-Ships/Gamma-Gatria/gamma_gatria_021.jpg

Built in my usual studs-up style, I feel I got quite an aerodynamic (Not that it matters in space) shape.

The entire folder when public

Please tell me what you think!
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Re: Gamma Gatria

Postby Ninja_Bait » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:31 pm

I like the flip-up missiles, though I can imagine the first trials resulted in something bad involving the turret attached to that door. It does have a very sleek look despite the SOT; I doubt it could have been done better.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Blake » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:47 am

The overall shape is nice and sleek. The pop-up missile launcher is great, and the brick-built tail fins are quite nice. The 6 x 5 x 1 slope is great for creating larger slopes without getting the jaggies that result from stacking multiple small slopes.

It would be nice if the roof behind the bridge matched up with contour of the quarter saucer panels. I don't think it can be done with any configuration of slopes, but it shouldn't be too hard to pull off with hinges.

The ship has several areas that would look nice filled with some inset greeblies (for example, the angled walls behind the bridge and in front of the back section). It would look especially cool if you could make that white stripe extend through a greeble array.
Blake
Site Admin

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:06 pm

Thanks for the replies!

Ninja-Bait: Hmm, yeah. Never thought of that. But I'm sure the Blacktrons had a few trials to get it right.

Blake: I dearly wish I had more of those 1x6x5 slopes just for that reason.

Greeblies on white line.... Hmmmmmmmmmmm..... I'll have to keep that in mind.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Return to MOC Announcements