New/Redone Lego Space Factions

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: New/Redone Lego Space Factions

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:43 pm

The Tech Westerners
Primary Colors: Light Gray, Brown
Highlight Colors: Tan, Dark Brown, Dark Gray
Details: Brown, Yellow (mechanics), Black (mechanics)
Style: Bulky, crude, innovative, utilitarian, basic, exposed, haphazard.
Personality: Intrepid, rowdy, curious, intelligent, resourceful, harsh
Leader: Unknown
Other Important Figures:
Homeworld: Unknown
Other worlds: Waste planets, abandoned moons
Mothership: Unknown
Description: This group is by far the most obscure of all the factions. While everyone else busies themselves with their affairs in the galactic core, the Tech West faction constantly move deeper into the fringes of the known galaxy. It is inside this race that the ideals of “The Wild West” remain alive. Because they are far from any major faction that could help them in case things get dicey, the Tech West faction relies solely on themselves to get things done. Bounty hunting is commonplace within this faction since real law enforcement officers are a luxury in most Tech West colonies. Even the Space Police, far-reaching and old as they are, usually answer with a “what? Who? No idea” when asked about the Tech Westerners. Because of the distance that separates them from everyone else, the Tech Westerners don’t have any formal enemies or allies.

Without question, I am a huge fan of the Tech Westerners.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby WabbitSwayer » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm

There have been discussions on other forums regarding Blacktron's true motivations. Several Space Police III bad guys wear Blacktron uniforms or have blacktron logos and The Space Pirate from the most recent Lego minifig set also has a Blacktron logo on his outfit. Seems like Lego considers Blacktron to be a criminal enterprise. ;)
WabbitSwayer

Postby Stargorger » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:12 am

WabbitSwayer wrote:There have been discussions on other forums regarding Blacktron's true motivations. Several Space Police III bad guys wear Blacktron uniforms or have blacktron logos and The Space Pirate from the most recent Lego minifig set also has a Blacktron logo on his outfit. Seems like Lego considers Blacktron to be a criminal enterprise. ;)

And not corporate, you mean? Or, more pirates and less an army?
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby WabbitSwayer » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:25 am

Yeah. Perhaps thats not how they started out, but it seems that at least Lego feels that they are outlaws now. Just saying... ;)
WabbitSwayer

Postby Stargorger » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:32 am

WabbitSwayer wrote:Yeah. Perhaps thats not how they started out, but it seems that at least Lego feels that they are outlaws now. Just saying... ;)

That's true.
As with Space Police, I've kind of been assuming that the newer interpretations of the factions were still basically the same SOMEWHERE, just this 'offshoot' or attack force or whatever is different. Like, this is the Dark Blue Brigade, sort of thing, know what I mean?
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Perhaps they always were badguys. I find Blacktron's color scheme a bit on the dark side, so, I don't know. :?
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Daniel Jassim » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Interesting post. I just wanted to clarify that, at least for me and probably Mark Sandlin, Lego Space Force is basically the military in the Classic Space theme (e.g. light gray and blue with either trans blue, trans green or trans yellow). Dragonstar is an unfortunate anomally that broke the continuity of the Classic Space theme by going with yellow instead of blue as the 2nd color. However, ships like Gibraltar, Regent, Hurricane, and my latest Viking http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=479807 follow the same Classic Space color scheme.

By default, any other ships with the blue and gray Classic Space theme created by other builders may also be considered part of the Lego Space Force and vice versa.

Lego Space Force is essentially the "Starfleet" of the Classic Space theme. Their inception is an amalgam of Star Trek and Star Blazers (the American version of "Space Battleship Yamato") and so they follow the same basic ideologies of being the "good guys" of the galaxy. Earth is their home planet but unlike the United Federation of Planets in Star Trek they're still in the discovery phase. So while ideologically open and welcoming to other peaceful alien races, their stock forces are mostly human. Their main leader is Grand Admiral Muffinhead.

That is the broad description and then within my universe there are substories and characters, like Captain Ahnee and his battles with the Adaloid Empire, in which the Lego Space Force has become involved.

With respect to PCS Admiral Giddens, the Star Rangers, and 3vil, I assumed that because it was pre-Classic Space that it preceded the time period of Lego Space Force and my ships in that theme. Hence, all the great battles with 3vil took place some years before Lego Space Force was even conceived and basically Lego Space Force evolved out of what was the Star Rangers and pre-Classic Space technology. At least that's my take on it.

--Dan
Daniel Jassim

Postby legosammy » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:12 am

I always thought Insectoids ware scavengers
legosammy

Previous

Return to Space.