Hello!

Introduce yourself here.

Hello!

Postby jamesster » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:23 pm

I was a member for a little while on the old forums, but didn't post much. I'm signing up again now. I'm 14, and live in Texas (Hoping to attend Brick Fiesta). I first got into LEGO when my older brothers gave me their old LEGO collection, which consisted mainly of Space sets, with a few Pirates, Forestmen, and Technic thrown in too. I didn't get any instructions for the sets I got except for one of the Pirate's sets and fragments of instructions for a Forestmen set, but based on the pieces I've found I think I got the Cosmic Fleet Voyager (Classic), Meteor Monitor (Blacktron 1), and some Futuron set which I haven't identified, maybe a few others. Once I started buying sets from stores (or back then, my parents got them for me, I was around 5 or 6) I mainly got Life on Mars and Alpha Team sets. I kinda lost interest in buying new LEGO sets once Life on Mars ended, but got back into it around 2009 and ended up getting nearly all the Space Police 3 sets (Only ones I'm missing are Squidman's Pitstop, the K-9 Bot impulse set, Max Security Transport, and Space Police Central). I hope to eventually buy some older sets (Specifically stuff from Spyrius and Unitron) off of BrickLink or eBay. I'm a member of the LEGO Kids Inner Circle and alpha tested LEGO Universe, and own a good amount of LEGO video games (I'm not into the ones made by Travelers Tales, just the more classic ones). I also enjoy 3D modeling and such. So, hello!
jamesster

Re: Hello!

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Welcome to Classic Space! Some good bit of stuff you got there from your brothers. Hope you enjoy your stay here!
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Stargorger » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 am

yay for lego videogames!
Time for a quiz: Identify the game these are from:

"TOOL store!"
"Roawk Wraidah...."

"Me beat you like Tribal drum! And do victory dance!"

"The DUUDE with the FOOOOD!"

"You need one more Orb!"

lol. Good times. Lego Racers was the first racing game I ever played, and I don't think I've ever yet played one to beat it.
Good luck on those old sets! They're not my cup of tea in terms of spending money, but go for it! Gambatte!
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Good to see a classic space "Elder." :D
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com