Chat Area?

Idea? Problem? Discuss here.

Chat Area?

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:25 pm

I want to fun things up a bit here at CSF. I want to do something important, something that people will recognize me for.

But that has absolutely nothing to do with my main point. I want to get to know some people around here. I also want to see more people online, because I am online almost all the time, and I never see anyone else's name sitting in blue/red/orange/green text sitting at the bottom of the page. I want Classic Space to be successful again, and more popular, more entertaining. Kapish?

Whoo, glad I got that off my mind.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Re: Chat Area?

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:49 pm

A chat would be an exellent Idea. I am around a lot as well, mostly in the evening, but if a chat were to be created, you could count on me being there!
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks for backing me up, Admiral.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Stargorger » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 am

I agree, chat would be awesome. Wouldnt have to rely on posting long posts so much lol ;-) Kidding.

Seriously though, I think that would be good. Facebook does it, why not us, right? ;-)
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:05 pm

Stargorger wrote:I agree, chat would be awesome. Wouldnt have to rely on posting long posts so much lol ;-) Kidding.

Seriously though, I think that would be good. Facebook does it, why not us, right? ;-)

Exactly. So, let us summon Blake! Or someone who will act upon our decision.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Alyosha » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 pm

Sometimes, people have stuff going on in RL. Plus, this forum has been in a strange place and it is hardly surprising that something might be slow to get a response.

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:I want to fun things up a bit here at CSF. I want to do something important, something that people will recognize me for.

If you want to be known for something, let it be for cool building! Socializing is well and good, but CSF has always been about cool MOCs. In the words of Spook, "Less talking, more MOC'ing."

Now, I'm going to match action to words and go try to put some bricks together. Play well!
Alyosha

Postby Stargorger » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 am

Alyosha wrote:Sometimes, people have stuff going on in RL. Plus, this forum has been in a strange place and it is hardly surprising that something might be slow to get a response.

Very true. All the more reason for more social interaction ability and/or additional mods, wouldn't you say good sir? :-)
Stargorger

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 pm

Alyosha wrote:Sometimes, people have stuff going on in RL. Plus, this forum has been in a strange place and it is hardly surprising that something might be slow to get a response.

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:I want to fun things up a bit here at CSF. I want to do something important, something that people will recognize me for.

If you want to be known for something, let it be for cool building! Socializing is well and good, but CSF has always been about cool MOCs. In the words of Spook, "Less talking, more MOC'ing."

Now, I'm going to match action to words and go try to put some bricks together. Play well!

That is very inspiring. I, I, I think I'm gonna cry.

/sniffles

Oh, and by the way, I am not very good at creating anything, on account of I don't have the bricks or the money. Donations, anyone? For Japan, I mean, because I honestly don't need anything compared to them, currently.

Oh, and by the way, what's RL?
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Stargorger » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 am

RL = Real Life.
He's trying to say in a not-so-subtle way that our dearest friend the honorable Blake probably just is busy with other stuff in his life right now, hence his forum silence.

That said: Alyosha, I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here, and going to assume that of course, as a kind and noble person, what you meant to communicate was that blaming the moderators or getting upset with them would only serve to depricate our own cause, correct? And that you did not, in any way, mean to imply or insinuate, at all, that we are ni any way stupid, wrong, or foolish in wanting better communication or in promoting website growth, correct?

Just trying to be sure to keep your good name clear :-)
Stargorger

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:39 pm

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:Oh, and by the way, I am not very good at creating anything, on account of I don't have the bricks or the money. Donations, anyone? For Japan, I mean, because I honestly don't need anything compared to them, currently.

Bricks and money are not what makes a creation great. It is how you use those bricks. With time and practice, you can become a good builder. It doesn't happen over night. The best thing you can do is just build, buil, and build some more.

As that one guy said, "More building, less talking"
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Next

Return to Suggestion Box