CS Expolartion SHIP WIP

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

CS Expolartion SHIP WIP

Postby Iain » Sun May 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Hey spacers, maybe you guys can help. This build has run stagnant (as do many of my projects) for the last couple of weeks.
I'm in no position to be making Bricklink orders for parts right now so I've been trying to use the alternative; my imagination. As it turns out it's a lot harder than it sounds for me.

*I trying to get some more shape out of that roof WITHOUT the use of slopes.
*I've tried and failed at a half dozen working door designs for that shuttle bay on the top.
*The engines are to big IMO

So have at her with the C&C y'all.
Iain

Re: CS Expolartion SHIP WIP

Postby JangoSnake » Sun May 08, 2011 2:45 pm

Well, you certainly have a great WIP there! I don't know really how to make a good door, because I bet you've already tried all the simple solutions, though (if you haven't already tried) you could make two doors with hinges running parallel to the ship that open outward, and then put some greebling on top. I think the engines are fine, they just look very powerful! Just a question, what type of SHIP is this going to be? (like military, freighter, scout, etc.) Anyway, what you have there looks WAY better than my WIP SHIP. :( <(kidding) Keep up the good work, and I hope to see a finished product (eventually) !
JangoSnake

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun May 08, 2011 9:46 pm

Really nice work. I think the engine size is fine. And I'm not sure about the doors, but see JangoSnake's post above- he seems to know what he is talking about!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby nitrobenz » Mon May 09, 2011 1:58 am

-Shape or texture? the shape looks fine (except where it's missing of course, do you have some windscreens for that spot on top of the bridge?). For some more texture I'd say surface greebles or groove greebles.
-Agree'd with JangoSnake on the door solution - try some lengthwise hinges for a double door. You could go for a pseudo-sliding door by using technic liftarms, I'd still recommend opening to the sides.
-The engines are perfect
My Flickr galleries: Space and Mechs
nitrobenz

Return to Spacewerks