New Theme: Alien Conquest

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: New Theme: Alien Conquest

Postby paulbhartzog » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:19 am

I love the fact that the ADU logo is the Vic Viper on top of the Earth Defence HQ.

You can see it in the giant pics on the Gizmodo site: Gizmodo

Tribute to Nenn perhaps?
paulbhartzog

Postby Alyosha » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:05 pm

paulbhartzog wrote:I love the fact that the ADU logo is the Vic Viper on top of the Earth Defence HQ.

Tribute to Nenn perhaps?

I imagine that it probably is - perhaps Mark Stafford (Nabii) worked on these sets, too?

I really have to admit that I'm liking this theme more and more. The jury is out on the two UFO sets, but the walker looks like a lot of fun and the ADU truck is a for-sure purchase.

Also, welcome back to CS, Paul!
Alyosha

Postby paulbhartzog » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:08 pm

Alyosha wrote:
paulbhartzog wrote:I love the fact that the ADU logo is the Vic Viper on top of the Earth Defence HQ.

Tribute to Nenn perhaps?

I imagine that it probably is - perhaps Mark Stafford (Nabii) worked on these sets, too?

I really have to admit that I'm liking this theme more and more. The jury is out on the two UFO sets, but the walker looks like a lot of fun and the ADU truck is a for-sure purchase.

Also, welcome back to CS, Paul!

lol, thx. it's nice to be welcome(d).

Every April, I get the impulse to build seriously again. Last year it was the Vic Viper I did. This year, I got a few things goin.... ;-)
paulbhartzog

Postby Alyosha » Wed May 18, 2011 6:34 pm

The Brothers Brick is reporting that Mark Stafford was indeed responsible for the Nnenn tribute on the 7066 Earth Defense HQ. Also, LEGO is offering free shipping on orders of $75 or more from now until the end of the month: a perfect chance to pick up this set!
Alyosha

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Wed May 18, 2011 10:44 pm

It is indeed great to know that LEGO actually cares about their fan base. It is also very nice and responsive to dedicate a Vic Viper to Nnenn.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby paulbhartzog » Thu May 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Is there some way we could all pitch and buy a few for his family? I believe he has two boys....
paulbhartzog

Postby ted @ndes » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:18 pm

So does anyone know if the alien glyphs on the stickers translate into anything, or are they just aesthetic? With all of the hidden tributes in past space themes (and not so hidden for Nnenn in this one), I'm kind of curious.

(P.S. I also got the 7051 Tripod Invader, 7052 UFO Abduction, and 7067 Jet-Copter Encounter from my wife as early birthday gifts. Woohoo!)
ted @ndes

Previous

Return to Space.