Well, I just went to TRU this Friday to check out the Alien Conquest sets and, as I suspected, they've also got the final Atlantis sets (7984 and 7985) on the shelves. Unable to resist, I picked up the 7984 Deep Sea Raider to see if it met up to my expectations. While the price may seem a little high ($29.99), it comes with quite a few choice parts, not the least of which is this:
and five of these:
Other highlights of this set include:
* two solid red domes
* fluted column sections in white, tan and red
* this new 45 degree angled piece in red (x2)
* three 2x2 jumper plates in red
* 1x3 tiles in dark bley (x2) and red (x2)
* four of these useful handle plates in dark bley
* eight of the newer clip plates in black
* eight of this new split-level 1x2 roof brick in red
* 2 pearl gray unicorn horns (1 in set plus 1 extra)
* Atlantis armor
* a crab
I was surprised to find 8 of these, not in dark bley, but in gray-silver!
As for the set itself, it's a pretty solid build. It took me maybe a half an hour to put it together give or take. I like the storage compartment in the back for the mini sub - very reminiscent of the detachable vehicles from classic space sets. Overall, I'd say this set is worth buying at least once. Considering the elements you get with this set, the $30 is worth it.