Lego's Unnessary Re-Tooling (A Rant)

All things space. Also things not space.

Re: Lego's Unnessary Re-Tooling (A Rant)

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat May 14, 2011 8:45 am

I think that new canopy is kind of nice - I often want a cockpit with that kind of connection. The antenna is ridiculous though.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Sat May 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Dude, I am really suprised at this. I never thought TLC would have "blunted" the classic flag pole. It's going to make it more annoying to find them in my bucket of rods. That rounded end was very helpful in decifering them apart from the lightsaber blade. Also, it just looks plain ol' uglier.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Re: They did it again...

Postby brickmack » Sat May 14, 2011 11:24 pm

The main thing I have a problem with is the removal of the old style hinges. They worked way better than the new crap ones. At least the snowshoes still have them :csmini:
Bluetron wrote:
Don't get me started on the latest jet canopy...

Yes, I have no life. :p

I kinda like the new version of this part. The thing I think is annoying is that LEGO just released a new version of it last year.
brickmack

Location: Indiana, America, North American continent, Earth, Terran system, Milky Way, Universe

Postby Stargorger » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:30 am

As much as the clickety-hinges frustrated me at times I like them a lot better than the old pressure-mesh hinges used for the aquazone grabber arms. UHG. Those things were SO ugly and annoying.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby Ninja_Bait » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:35 pm

In defense of TLC:

Recently, I acquired some 90's Technic/DACTA from my robotics lab (they were going to throw it out) and I noticed this retooling:

this to this.

I just want to note that this is a brilliant revision, making the piece easier to use in every way. Though LEGO messes with our bricks, sometimes it ends up okay.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:06 pm

Ninja_Bait wrote:In defense of TLC:

Recently, I acquired some 90's Technic/DACTA from my robotics lab (they were going to throw it out) and I noticed this retooling:

this to this.

I just want to note that this is a brilliant revision, making the piece easier to use in every way. Though LEGO messes with our bricks, sometimes it ends up okay.

Good point.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:40 pm

this to this.

That is definitly a piece that was improved. I just wish they kept them black. Those red ones are so much more annoying. black was way more useful

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:09 am

Admiral Netsooj wrote:

this to this.

That is definitly a piece that was improved. I just wish they kept them black. Those red ones are so much more annoying. black was way more useful

But are these + connectors really for show? I usually hid me technic underneath the outside. But I guess that's just me...
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:10 pm

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:But are these + connectors really for show? I usually hid me technic underneath the outside. But I guess that's just me...

Sometimes it is unavoidable to have them shown somewhere, and when it happens, I prefer for it to be black. There are also a couple things (Anchors, and large spaceship guns for example) with are made of purely technic, and I build those things in almsot all black.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 am

But doesn't this newer part come in black? I'm pretty sure I've seen a few in black.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

PreviousNext

Return to Space.