Devouring systems one by one

Introduce yourself here.

Devouring systems one by one

Postby Stargorger » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:31 am

Hello all

I was on the previous forums briefly asking some questions about builds and such and decided that now, when the forums are young, innocent, and empty...MUWAHAHAHA... now's an excellent time to start posting more so I can be one of these cool "go-to" posters that knows everything and everyone. Know what I mean?

In all seriousness... I don't do a ton of display building, but I do appreciate detail work. The designs I work on are mainly functionally-focused, as my brother and I have a huge LEGO world and history that we make stories in (when I say huge I mean >180 pages of timeline).

I'm also gradually inducting my wife into the process... so any advice on how to convince her to help me with my military projects would be appreciated... cute beach houses don't stand up well against alien attacks.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Re: Devouring systems one by one

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:16 pm

Welcome (back) to Classic Space!

Stargorger wrote:In all seriousness... I don't do a ton of display building, but I do appreciate detail work. The designs I work on are mainly functionally-focused, as my brother and I have a huge LEGO world and history that we make stories in (when I say huge I mean >180 pages of timeline).

Ooooo, you must have had a lot of time on your hands.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby Stargorger » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:37 am

lol depends on what you mean by "a lot". When I was still in college and home for breaks, yeah I had time on my hands.
Stargorger

Postby nitrobenz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:12 am

On the topic of convincing your wife, it might take less than you think! Maybe you just need to reexamine the typical attack strategy which, unless the plan is instant global annihilation, usually leaves cute beach houses for last if including them at all.
Then again, seeing as you have an established lego universe you probably don't have any groups that would stoop to disguising battle stations as beach houses, but maybe it's time to make room for a new faction...
My Flickr galleries: Space and Mechs
nitrobenz

Postby Stargorger » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:33 am

lol nice. Exactly. Good point.

Actually the last major event was when one empire (a bit like the necromongers from Riddick) was attacked by a rebel group. It was kind of funny, because my brother had sent-over some stuff, including an 'entertainment district' setup that included a bathhouse and food stalls. So that became the de-facto base for the rebels when they landed on the planet, since it had such nice walls and comfy decor.

Maybe I can get my wife to make some stuff like that. Hmm...
Stargorger

Postby nitrobenz » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:58 pm

Indeed ;)
My Flickr galleries: Space and Mechs
nitrobenz

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:48 pm

now's an excellent time to start posting more so I can be one of these cool "go-to" posters that knows everything and everyone. Know what I mean?

Oh, yah, I know what you mean. Me and you alike Sir. :D
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com