Selling my Lego

Introduce yourself here.

Selling my Lego

Postby Histo-Sci » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:10 pm

Due to hard times, I'm very near deciding to sell all my Lego. I'm not quite sure yet, but thought I'd test the waters first.

Bricklink or ebay? And if ebay, is it better to sell it by set (as in rebuilding the original sets and selling them that way) or by piece (say, armor lot, minifig lot, etc.).

And if anyone here is interested, let me know...a very small look at my parts collection can be found in my MOCs of course.

http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/51201
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/galle ... =Histo-Sci

Spencer

P.S. Hope this is the appropriate forum? Not sure where to place this, sorry....
Histo-Sci

Re: Selling my Lego

Postby Rook » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:30 pm

Sad to hear you're selling your Lego but selling them in the Lego community you'll better price then just yard sale etc. I'd go will BrickLink or Ebay. And I'd try to sell whole sets verse bulk. And I don't deal with loose bricks or PaB much so some one else might have a different/better answer. Maybe post a list of that sets you have if that's permitted on this forum. :thumbsup:

I've been looking for some classic space sets. :D So if you go with Ebay, please post links.

But I personally can't trust a buy/sell/trade from someone that has just joined a forum and only posted one or two times. :oops:
Rook

Postby Histo-Sci » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for the comments!

Ah yes, I do understand your concern...I was a member of the old forum before it crashed, and haven't been hobbying for nearly a year (been very busy these days) but you may at least take a look at CastleWorld...I've been a member there for years. Several members of the FOL community can vouch for me, if anyone would need verification (if indeed we were buying/selling).

Thanks!
Histo-Sci

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Don't sell it!!

No, do what you want. But remember your passion in case you return to the hobby.

I would sell it by Bricklink. The reason for that is to keep it within a trusted LEGO fan run site. bBesides, selling it there means a reliable (and probably older) LEGO fan would buy it, not some little kid who'll chew it up.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Admiral Netsooj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:48 pm

Always sad to some one leave the hobby.

It really depends ona couple things. Ebay would be faster, but Bricklink would probably end up getting the better price, But since I don't browse Ebay, I don't know for sure.
The first theory of Ketchup: With enough Ketchup, everything tastes the same.

Admiral Netsooj

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Bricklink would definately be a good choice. fleabay if you want to sell it fast.

But I would do bricklink since you will be selling to other afols.

Post links when you do I'd would be interseted to see what you are selling.
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Blake » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 pm

How much do you want for your entire collection?
Blake
Site Admin

Postby WabbitSwayer » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:56 pm

I am interested. How much do you want and what do you have? I saw your MOCs and it seems that you have a decent sized collection. :)
WabbitSwayer

Postby ted @ndes » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:42 am

Sorry to hear that you're having hard times. I was in a similar spot prior to getting my new job in Feb, and had been considering the same.

I'm not 100% positive, but I think the percentage fee that Bricklink takes from each sale is much smaller than what eBay takes. It was about 6 months ago when I checked, so it could have changed by now. I was definitely convinced that Bricklink would be the way to go.

Good luck. Hoping you're situation improves, irregardless.
ted @ndes

Return to Welcome to Classic-Space.com