Best Bricklink?

All things space. Also things not space.

Best Bricklink?

Postby mdilthey » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi! Probably going to put an order in on bricklink this month for a couple of ideas I've had floating around. Anyone have an under-the-radar favorite they can suggest?

I'm looking primarily for white bricks, plates, and tiles for a larger ship, so price is my first consideration. I also wouldn't mind a few Space police minifigs to update my collection, so if your store stocks minifig parts it's just icing :D

Thanks, gang!
mdilthey

Re: Best Bricklink?

Postby Stargorger » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 am

Hardly under the radar, but I've always had really good experiences with Bricktopia (I think that's the one... the one with the army of skeletal Ogel men for the profile pic?)
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby bothanrodian » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:05 pm

Just search for exactly what you are looking for and try to find a shop that stocks all, or most of, the pieces you want (it's pretty hard to find a store with everything, especially if you're trying to stock up on a specific color). You could also just take a look through the top rated shops. They usually have a lot of good stuff.

Cheers,
Nate
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
bothanrodian

Postby SpaceManiac » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 am

Hello,
I had until now always good experience. I'm looking more for old gray pieces.
Sometime the description of the stand of the pieces is very precise and fair. It gives more information than only "new" or "used".
The think to consider is the price of the shipping...
You can ask for a picture of the pieces, for white pieces it may be very useful. "White with yellow traces" is not for everybody white. For black pieces it may not be so critic.
SpaceManiac

Postby KDog » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:55 am

House of Logos
KDog

Postby Stargorger » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:26 pm

That's what it was! Yeah the House of Logos store is awesome. I've made most of my orders from there.
"Re-go no kaijuu wa hoshi kara yo"
"Los monstruos de los Legos de las estrellas!"
"Lego monsters from the stars!"
Stargorger

Postby mdilthey » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Gentlemen and Scholars, all of you. I don't care what they say about you!
mdilthey

Postby mdilthey » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Just put in a 30$ order on Bricklink and was EXTREMELY satisfied with the sheer bulk I squeezed in using House of Logos. I was dissapointed someone bought out a bunch of curved slopes but with the low prices on Trans-Black, i stocked up on windows. You'll see it in my next model, haha. Thanks to the reference, and I can confirm House of Logos is fantastic :D
mdilthey

Postby KDog » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:06 am

Yeah, I've had nothing but good experiences with them!
KDog

Postby Driftless928 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:29 am

Hullo!

It's interesting. I placed an order with House of Legos 2+ weeks back and while my payment was eagerly accepted right away I've never seen sight nor heard sound about my order. I only needed approx 2 US Dollars worth of stuff and was actually willing to pay the nearly $10 to have the stuff sent across the pond still I've had no emails, no confirmations, no shipping data and no responses. Who woudda thought Lego was a good prospect for an internet scam? I sure didn't! Still I'm $10+ short and need to change all my credit card numbers and close email accounts. Given identity theft and all that malarchy, I'm sure I'm already thousands in the hole due to bad racing bets or whatever. Skrewballs!

Eat a bag of it!
Driftless928

Next

Return to Space.