Drop Ship WIP

MOCs in progress here. Also tips, tricks, techniques, theory, things starting with the letter 't' for $200.

Drop Ship WIP

Postby thebatman_104 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:31 pm

This is my current project a dropship for troop transport from capital ships to planetary surface. I am thinking of completely retooling it so that it's not so tall by essentially moving the troop compartment directly behind the gunner's position (dome windscreen) and lengthening it in order to add a rear gunner's position. I wanted to see what people thought about the over all shape and look before I made any changes. I am also thinking about changing the color scheme from white since I obviously ran out as you can see in the photos I was going to make the ship light gray/bley and keep the troop compartment as is. Let me know what you all think. I would appreciate any input.

Side view

Front (Sorry for blurry pic my camera sucks)

Troop Compartment There is an identical bench seat on the other side It can seat 10 troops
Visit me at:
Flickr
MOCpages
thebatman_104

Re: Drop Ship WIP

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:09 am

I think it would be really cool if it was tall. Maybe it could be two sections that separate. Also, I would make the top bigger than the bottom for more of a potbelly look, use the grey as an undercarriage or thick stripe color, and slightly bigger engines.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:26 am

Great sloping at the front, and do exactly what was stated above by ninja. I Can't wait to see it done!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby nitrobenz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:52 am

Actually the tall, vertical structure gave me an idea just now. You would want to tuck in the engines on the sides/puff out the troop compartment, but I was thinking that with tall ships like this you could have them slotted next to each other on the underside of a Capitol ship. That way with the tall and thin arrangement, you could get more transports off faster, no waiting in line to get out the hanger and you could fit more vertical gunships than with a horizontal configuration.
Plus when they get down, Vertical structure gunships could make a better wall, if they're going to stick around.
As for the grey vs. white, well that depends on your faction colors. If you don't have one, then I would default to whatever color you have most of. As it is it looks like some kind of prototype related to the LAAT Republic Gunship.
My Flickr galleries: Space and Mechs
nitrobenz

Return to Spacewerks