Brikwars!

All things space. Also things not space.

Brikwars!

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Brikwars in space?
Has anyone ever played Brickwars before? I have tried it, and also played many other versions of rpg/minature gaming with lego.

I am curious if anyone has ventured into space combat. I personally love space in games and rpgs. It is my favorite theme/play area.

I am building up some forces and looking for experiences and comments for anyone else who has played.

Thanks!
Only a M:Tron can fix something that isn't broke!
MTronHeroKodiak

Re: Brikwars!

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:01 pm

I love it. I personally don't build anything if it can't be used for Brikwarring in some form, especially SHIPS. (speaking of which, I have one to finish soon...)

I usually play space combat as low-flying dogfighting or strafing... which isn't really space combat.

Definitely use more blood.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:49 pm

Nice. I hope to play some more soon, after I get some 40k outta my system.
Yeah, a SHIP in brikwars would more likly be a backdrop thing or an industructable hull with smaller compenents that can be destroyed as in most minature/rpg gaming is. My current WIP, I would love to use it as such.
strafing sounds like a typical way to include space/aircraft. Thanks for the response!
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:37 pm

\personally, i played a small amount of brikwars once with my friend for like 3 hours, styled as modern combat with a touch of sci-fi. Super fun, havent gone deep into a space version though.
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Ninja_Bait » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Definitely look up some of Natalya's battles on the BrikWars forums. Actually, just look at all the battles. Most are quite fun.
NEW: I have a flickr account! Check it out!
Ninja_Bait

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Ninja_Bait wrote:Definitely look up some of Natalya's battles on the BrikWars forums. Actually, just look at all the battles. Most are quite fun.

I shall do that.

If I get to play some more I will be attempt to make some space related combat rules. If I get time...that is..

Nevermind, after a more thorugh search I found some fleet rules...lol. guess I should have digged deeper.
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:28 pm

Yay, rules that apply to us space geeks!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby superdave » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:47 am

Can you post the link to the fleet rules you found? Also, I've played a Firefly-style game aboard a space station, but nothing with hard vacuum/ship combat.
superdave

Postby MTronHeroKodiak » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:30 pm

superdave wrote:Can you post the link to the fleet rules you found? Also, I've played a Firefly-style game aboard a space station, but nothing with hard vacuum/ship combat.

Man I do some diggin to find it again! haha no worries. Here is a link to the microship rules: http://www.google.com/notebook/public/06283147813749255513/BDQtCSgoQjfzZmPwi

And here is something of a supplement to the main rules: http://plasticnuke.webs.com/epicspacesupplement.htm

And...here is the brikspace core rules http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2185

and http://www.brikwars.com if you need the main site.

I think thats about it.

Oh yes, I have not done any space yet, but I have been running 3 games so far of a Zombie Apoc campaign with brikwars. Prolly going to end soon though.
I was going to put the newer shuttle launch pad set out next to the airport to temp the players into going into space.. but I don't think they will go for it.
MTronHeroKodiak

Postby superdave » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks!
superdave

Next

Return to Space.