Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Contests of Skill

Re: Put Your Brick Where Your Mouth is TWO

Postby _zenn » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:31 am

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...

Although using a lot of custom elements, which can be found here and weighing in at precisely 140 grams, including a rather heavy stand. :p

I would like to present to you;
Aeronaut. A personal air levitation transport automaton device.

Aeronaut; a hoverboard inspired by 'Around The World In 80 Days'. (FlickR Gallery)

I know it won't exactly meet the four criteria, but I had fun making it; I wanted to make something 'steamy' for a while now, but didn't want to stick to the obvious brown/gold/grey color scheme. And tried to keep it to a certain style I'd like to use. This build could easily be turned into a helicopter as a alternative build and the scifi fantasy theme helps it connect to many other themes out there; imagine you could travel the globe, fight evil (sky)pirates with your companions, find hidden artefacts and treasures, visit foreign empires and forgotten civilizations, explore strange new floating rock worlds... With the aid of some steam(crystal) powered contraptions you've invented. :)
Last edited by _zenn on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_zenn

Postby Inquisitor General » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:33 am

For those who asked, as it says in the rules, post your entries in this thread.

There are prizes, they're on their way to me from Jim Foulds at LEGO. I don't know quite what they are yet, but should be a set of approximately the same value as the prize category.
-Dan
Main Admin
Inquisitor General
Site Admin

Postby legosammy » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:37 pm

my entry is called Space Scavengers
and it weighs 827g
The features of this model include
a winch
a dumping hopper
and a claw crane

Sorry moc pages is acting up lately if the images don’t load try again
Last edited by legosammy on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
legosammy

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Well done!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby ForestFeller » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 am

The name of my model is Habib's Market Stall. It weighs 70 grams, and includes 2 minifigs: Habib and Tourist.

I'm new to classic space, so I couldn't figure out how to post a picture in my comment, but here is the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992320@N05/6099866553/in/photostream
ForestFeller

Postby Nolnet2 » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:53 pm

In an alternate line of history, the Wadenbeißer was/will have been the horror of the skies. At least if you found yourself and your own fighter plane at the
business end of it's massive, spring loaded jaw cannon and rotatable pair of gatling guns. Let the technician check the reinforced body, landing gear and
massive propeller engine with his toolbox, before the monocled gentleman pilot slides to a roaring take-off. Once airborn, there's no need to fear
powerful opponents! Even if an enemy lands a lucky hit, the rocket propelled escape pod will let your pilot land savely for a new adventure.

This set, including the two small accessories and minifigs weights exactly 258g. Thus, it technically matches the $14,99 category. However, as stated
earlier, the weight-pieces-price ratio seems a little off. Considering the size, the number of parts (233 pieces all in + minifigs) and the rather expensive
dragon head, spring cannon and troll arm pieces, the model seems appropriate for the $29,99 category.

The model is highly swooshable, sturdy and was built without using illegal connections. Apart from the obvious function (swooshing around) there are
three additional play features: A spring loaded cannon that is operated by opening the upper jaw, a fully retractable landing gear and a detachable
escape pod, that slips out of the main body when you pull out the engine cover at the back. Please see the other pictures for closer details.

overview, escape pod, landing gear, other details

(BTW: I'm sorry for creating a 2nd account just for this entry. My old account doesn't seem to work any more and I couldn't reach an Admin in time.)
Edit: fixed a couple of typos.
Last edited by Nolnet2 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nolnet2

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:06 pm

I saw this on The Brother's Brick! Congrats!
Also, this is a very inspiring build. The brown and greens were a perfect mix! And the gattling guns are a great touch, not to mention the pilot minifigure and the beret-wielding one too. I also noticed the Goblin arm on the side! Never thought of anywhere else to use that!

Welcome to the forums - on your second account!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

Postby Nolnet2 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:41 am

Sir Michael Le Fanu wrote:The brown and greens were a perfect mix!

Well, the color scheme was pretty much predetermined due to the printed dragon head. I love the combo of brown, dark tan and sand green,
but I think I would've done it a little differently, just to not make my model look like an alternate earth dragon :-)
Thanks though, glad you like it.
Nolnet2

Postby eti » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:05 pm

The galactic cafe.

This entry falls into the cheapest category: it weighs about 160 grams and has four minifigures. As others have pointed out, the price of 7,99 does not seem very realistic for this weight category. The part count is around 154 plus 4 minifigures.

The set is a galactic cafe: An interplanetary meeting place where people from all planets can meet up and have a drink.

Two Martians arrive in their flying saucer. The flying saucer top opens, and the vessel stands stably on the 2x2 round tile underneath.

Image Image Image

The Earthling is a legonaut in a space ship. It is a two-seater, so he can bring a Martian friend if he wants to. The top opens, and the vessel has three wheels.

Image Image Image Image

The cafe itself has a waitress behind the counter and a seating area. The roof comes off to play inside. The antenna on the roof can turn so that contact with all planets can be made.

Image Image Image
Last edited by eti on Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
eti

Postby Sir Michael Le Fanu » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:53 pm

That's 'cute!' I like this alot!
Blacktron, here I come!
Sir Michael Le Fanu

PreviousNext

Return to Thunderdome